SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone have experience with a Sandman K?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with a Sandman K? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I can pick one of these up stoopid cheap, but I’ve never shot with one. Has anyone got one or shot one on an AR? Was it hearing safe?? Eek

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6985 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No cans are truly "hearing safe" on an Centerfire rifle AR, much less a K can.

They do suppress the sound quite a bit. I have a Saker-K and enjoy it on SBRs where I don't want to add a long heavy suppressor to a short rifle.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaron Cowan's review of the Dead Air Sandman K.

https://youtu.be/_RLF4yHnXrg

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I played with my brother's 8" 300blk with Sandman-K.

Even with subsonics, it's not hearing safe. Granted, I was shooting it indoors so it might be a little better outdoors.

He carries it with supersonic ammo. It's his patrol rifle. he said might as well use a short 300blk instead of a short 5.56 since his department allows it and the -K knocks the edge off a little. He's only shot a few rounds outdoor without ear plugs during a training session so everyone can hear it.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
No cans are truly "hearing safe" on an Centerfire rifle AR, much less a K can.

They do suppress the sound quite a bit. I have a Saker-K and enjoy it on SBRs where I don't want to add a long heavy suppressor to a short rifle.

This. My 5.56 Specwar on an AR is still painful without earpro. Knocks it down a bit, but it's not fun.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's pretty loud still with a 5.56.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I’ll pass on it..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6985 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
I have a Sandman S and love it. We shoot 5.56 and .300BO through it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post