Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
My Octane 45 is dedicated to pistols from 9mm to .45. It works perfectly for it's intended purpose. If you want something for your 300 BO, I would recommend going with the Omega, as I have.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Personally I stick with the Octane, the extra 1.65" is making a difference of 5-7 db's quieter vs the 45k.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
Personally I stick with the Octane, the extra 1.65" is making a difference of 5-7 db's quieter vs the 45k.

Good point, thank you. Its a long story, but I previously (briefly) had an Octane 45k before I had to return it due to a serial number issue. However, I do remember my FFL asking me why I went with the K configuration when the normal configuration wasn't that much longer but offered a lot more sound reduction.

Exactly my thoughts, I have an Octane and love it, and also have the Rugged Obsidian 45, and never once have shot it in the shorter K configuration, my thoughts were the same as your FFL, I bought a suppressor to be as quiet as possible, an extra inch isn't going to make a huge difference................with regards to silencers that is.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Haha...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have an Octane 45K for my pistols and love that I can clean it easily. For my 300BLK I have an ACC 762-SDN-6 and it is much more difficult to clean, but is still a great suppressor for the round. Going forward, I will only buy suppressors I can take apart and clean.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I'm having this same internal debate too. I already have a SiCo Hybrid and that's close to the Octane 45, So I'm debating the 45k.

Stormin' you clean your rifle suppressors? I just shoot mine clean.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Stormin' you clean your rifle suppressors? I just shoot mine clean.

So far I haven’t cleaned my SDN; I don’t know how well it would actually clean by just soaking it like it says to do. I do clean my serviceable suppressors since I have an ultrasonic cleaner and they come out very clean.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Rifles operate under such high pressures that rifle cans don't typically need to be opened up and cleaned. If they ever get noticeably heavier from lead build up, then it's time for a trip back to the manufacturer for a legit cleaning. I've never had a can shot so much that it was necessary. I don't know how many rounds it would take, but it's gotta be a shit ton.

The pressure does the cleaning for you and just blows the gunk out the front. Pistol suppressors need to be broken down and cleaned though.

If I shoot a lot of 300 blk subsonic through a can, I'll always run a mag or so of supers through it just to blow it out. If I have a .308 with me that day, I'll slap it on the .308 and run some rounds through it that way too.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post