SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Thoughts and feedback on DD's new WAVE suppressor?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Thoughts and feedback on DD's new WAVE suppressor? Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted
Not being very suppressor savvy and seeing these at the recent NRA show, I was curious what the suppressor crowd has to say about them so far.




"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

GCO member


 
Posts: 6613 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
It is still in the stock photos and look we touched it reviews portion of a new item.

It seems to be not heavy but not lightweight, not small but not huge, and I cannot find suppressed db numbers.

The way they make it is new and it takes 7 days with a super machine to make them. This may be the coolest thing ever, I am not seeing anything that gets me excited.

First can made by DD using new manufacturing techniques means I would wait and not be the first person to buy one.


___________________________________________________
But then of course I might be a 13 year old girl who reads alot of gun magazines, so feel free to disregard anything I post.
 
Posts: 8918 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I wouldnt' be the first to try. Tons of proven designs out there.

But just because I've read a ton about baffle design over on some of the form 1 forums. I'd be curious as to what this baffle design looks like.

quote:
The new DD WAVE sound suppressor is named in part for its advanced cascading “wave” baffle geometry, which more effectively attenuates sound than simpler baffle styles.




Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
 
Posts: 7229 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
What I found interesting was the locking collar was the serialized part. The tube and baffles are replaceable parts.
 
Posts: 1583 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
What I found interesting was the locking collar was the serialized part. The tube and baffles are replaceable parts.


This is the way all new suppressors should be manufactured (and many are).

Ever since the Gem-Tax issue came up, baffle strikes have been killing both the suppressor and your tax stamp. This way, at least you don't have to register for another serial number.

I know, I was a victim of this issue. Because of the older design and serial number placement, AAC could not just fix the insides or do a re-weld job (baffle strike) and send it back. Now I have a tax stamp that goes to whooppee.
 
Posts: 17080 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So suppressor manufacturers can't make a replacements with the same serial number like manufacturers of firearms receivers can?


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 4201 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
So suppressor manufacturers can't make a replacements with the same serial number like manufacturers of firearms receivers can?


Yup, they changed that a couple years back ! When you think about it, biggest pile of bullsh!t ever !!
 
Posts: 950 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
So suppressor manufacturers can't make a replacements with the same serial number like manufacturers of firearms receivers can?


Yup, they changed that a couple years back ! When you think about it, biggest pile of bullsh!t ever !!


Who changed that? The government or the coalition of suppressor manufacturers?


__________________________________________________________________

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.
 
Posts: 341 | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of eternal24k
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Eye:
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
So suppressor manufacturers can't make a replacements with the same serial number like manufacturers of firearms receivers can?


Yup, they changed that a couple years back ! When you think about it, biggest pile of bullsh!t ever !!


Who changed that? The government or the coalition of suppressor manufacturers?


The ATF
 
Posts: 1995 | Location: Passing all 4s on 2 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I sent DD this:

"Looking for a new suppressor. Read everything I could Google on the DDWAVE: weight, size, caliber, construction, full auto rated, but NOTHING that I could find is published about what bbl length/caliber combinations it's rated for.

So, for MY usage purposes, is it rated for any/all of the below:

5.56, 10.3" bbl
300 Blackout, 8" bbl
6.8SPC, 10.5" bbl
.308, 16" bbl

If not rated for those lengths of bbls, then I need the minimum bbl length for those cartridges that it is rated for. I am confident that I am not the only consumer wanting to know that info."

I just received this back:

"Thank you for contacting Daniel Defense. Our engineers have tested the DD Wave with barrel length from 10.3” to 24” length barrels with no issues. This is with calibers from .223, 5.56, 7.62, .308, 300 and 6.8. The only barrel length you have listed below that I am not sure on is the 8” barrel. I would have to get with our engineers to see if there would be any drawbacks or issues with using the DD Wave with such a short barrel length."

The reply IMPLIES that a 10.3" 300WM combination would be OK or even .308 Winchester/10.3". If that is true, an 8" 300 Blackout would be fine. That would be one hell of a strong suppressor in my opinion. I remain doubtful.
 
Posts: 107 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dae Zee:
"Thank you for contacting Daniel Defense. Our engineers have tested the DD Wave with barrel length from 10.3” to 24” length barrels with no issues. This is with calibers from .223, 5.56, 7.62, .308, 300 and 6.8. The only barrel length you have listed below that I am not sure on is the 8” barrel. I would have to get with our engineers to see if there would be any drawbacks or issues with using the DD Wave with such a short barrel length."

The reply IMPLIES that a 10.3" 300WM combination would be OK or even .308 Winchester/10.3". If that is true, an 8" 300 Blackout would be fine. That would be one hell of a strong suppressor in my opinion. I remain doubtful.

I suspect their "300" refers to a "300 blackout" chamber, not a "300 Winchester Magnum" chamber.
 
Posts: 4948 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by Dae Zee:
"Thank you for contacting Daniel Defense. Our engineers have tested the DD Wave with barrel length from 10.3” to 24” length barrels with no issues. This is with calibers from .223, 5.56, 7.62, .308, 300 and 6.8. The only barrel length you have listed below that I am not sure on is the 8” barrel. I would have to get with our engineers to see if there would be any drawbacks or issues with using the DD Wave with such a short barrel length."

The reply IMPLIES that a 10.3" 300WM combination would be OK or even .308 Winchester/10.3". If that is true, an 8" 300 Blackout would be fine. That would be one hell of a strong suppressor in my opinion. I remain doubtful.

I suspect their "300" refers to a "300 blackout" chamber, not a "300 Winchester Magnum" chamber.

I'd have to agree, but if you are contemplating using it for a Winchester Magnum, I would ask before assuming ... I don't know but suspect pressures for the 300WM would be much higher than any other cartridge listed.


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 4201 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Thoughts and feedback on DD's new WAVE suppressor?

© SIGforum 2017