SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Only folks listed on the Trust are allowed to handle NFA items?????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only folks listed on the Trust are allowed to handle NFA items????? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Is old Glen Beck being a little over dramatic around the 4:00 mark???
He states it is unlawful for ANY person not specifically listed on the trust to even handle the NFA item.
Sorry for the FB video.
https://www.facebook.com/Glenn...ts/10155856024183188

Thought as long as someone listed on the trust is present others can handle and use them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25335 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Correct, anyone (sans a felon) can handle/shoot the item(s) with the owner or trustees present.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
Glen should stick to things he knows something about Roll Eyes

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Wow, I can’t believe he actually said said that!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm no attorney. But from memory the item has to remain under "your control" or any "trustees control".

Them shooting the item beside you. Probably still under your control. Them taking it home with them. Probably not under your control.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I'm no attorney. But from memory the item has to remain under "your control" or any "trustees control".

Them shooting the item beside you. Probably still under your control. Them taking it home with them. Probably not under your control.

Exactly. Thats the general consensus ive always operated under.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mew:
Which is very little.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Everyone here is correct.. keep it under you “control” is all that’s required. No borrowing.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6985 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, all those FFLs who rent out Full Autos are breaking the LAW.

Babhahaha, Glen Beck, shut your fucking mouth.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Nonsense.

You can be an individual non-trust owner and STILL let people handle your NFA as long as you are present.

In my experience most people, gun owners included, have no idea what they are talking about regarding firearms laws.

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, that guy. Damn. I could go the rest of my life without ever again hearing from him. He needs to retire, take a break, have a snack or something.

Posts: 107226 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Man, that guy. Damn. I could go the rest of my life without ever again hearing from him. He needs to retire, take a break, have a snack or something.

Some fresh berries might be best.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31359 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by mew:
Which is very little.

It seems to be getting less and less the last few years. Unfortunately, many, not just Glen, hear something from someone they feel has confidence in their statements, and takes it at gospel.

If it's on the internet, it has to be true.

Posts: 10 | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post