SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    .450 Bushmaster Suppressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.450 Bushmaster Suppressor Login/Join 
posted
I’m getting a Ruger Ranch .450 soon,and want to suppress it.

The shop I’m buying it at pushes the Silencerco Hybrid,as does a lot of the online community. I wanted the input of the experts here though Big Grin

What’s y’all thoughts?

I really like the idea of the multi use of the Hybrid, and the milder suppression doesn’t bother me.

My other calibers and setups I might use it on would be 30.06, .22 LR rifles, and .40 pistols. I’d love to use it on my Beretta CX4 .40 storm, but it’s restricted for threading unless I put a bunch of US parts in it.

Are there any other cans I should consider?

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm. I am not sure if thr ghost m would work with 450b.

Let me look.

Nope. Then i am not sure if griffen makes one.

Ah, here ya go.

https://www.griffinarmament.co...istance-45-silencer/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing you'll definitely need a rifle caliber suppressor. I inquired about using my older Gemtech Blackside .45 suppressor and was told it was not rated for the .450 velocity and pressures.

Make sure to post what you find out!

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If you're ever down in the Toledo area, bring your gun with you and I'd be happy to let you shoot my Hybrid on it.

I got my Hybrid for 45-70 and maybe 450 (if I ever go deer hunting with a 450).

I'm very happy with the Hybrid. I have a lot of cans, and it's my most used.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
If you're ever down in the Toledo area, bring your gun with you and I'd be happy to let you shoot my Hybrid on it.

I got my Hybrid for 45-70 and maybe 450 (if I ever go deer hunting with a 450).

I'm very happy with the Hybrid. I have a lot of cans, and it's my most used.

I think I've settled on the Hybrid for a few reasons.

It's size and weight compared to the others, plus, its versatility to other weapons, and the deciding factor was the "quick" detach flash hider mount thingy. I think that will be nice to be able to not have it on while walking to the stand, but able to quietly put it on once there so I'm not walking with a 25" barrel.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
The Hybrid is a great can, I really like mine. Not many options out there for big bore rifle rated cans, and the Hybrid design is smart in that you can easily use it for other calibers as well. I plan to also use mine for .45-70 or 450 Bushmaster eventually.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Hybrid, and like it, I have sold a bunch to customers looking to suppress the 450 here in Michigan. It will serve your 30-06, 450, and .40 needs, but it not recommended for .22lr use, as it is a sealed silencer, and will eventually get filled with lead crud from the rimfire usage. On top of the fact that it would be huge hanging off the end of a rimfire handgun or rifle.

If you were just looking at the 450 and pistol usage, I would say look at the Rugged Obsidian, but the rifle game essentially leaves you with the Hybrid, or Liberty makes the Cosmic that covers some rifle and pistol rounds including the 450.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZYALTR:
I have a Hybrid, and like it, I have sold a bunch to customers looking to suppress the 450 here in Michigan. It will serve your 30-06, 450, and .40 needs, but it not recommended for .22lr use, as it is a sealed silencer, and will eventually get filled with lead crud from the rimfire usage. On top of the fact that it would be huge hanging off the end of a rimfire handgun or rifle.

If you were just looking at the 450 and pistol usage, I would say look at the Rugged Obsidian, but the rifle game essentially leaves you with the Hybrid, or Liberty makes the Cosmic that covers some rifle and pistol rounds including the 450.

Are you a dealer here in Michigan? If so where are you located?