SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    AAC Tirant or ???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AAC Tirant or ??? Login/Join 
Picture of dmac82
posted
I have a osprey9 and have been interested in picking up a second 9mm suppressor. I was thinking the tirant... However with all the new options should I be looking at a DeadAir or Rugged? I'd probably make the Osprey the AR pistol can and put the other on my hand guns. Or use the osprey for 300blk out on a rifle yet to be purchased... Really just tired of swapping the spacer in and out of a neilson device. Thanks

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
The Ghost and Obsidian are both great cans. Personally I think I'd opt for the newer design of either before going for the Tirant. A side benefit of the Obsidian is that you can use your SiCo pistons in it. The Rugged pistons however can't be used in the Osprey as they are minus the notch used in the locking system.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obsidian owner.

The Obsidian is nice for the reasons mentioned above. The Obsidian tri-lug adapter is also very low profile if you think you'll use something like that. I have been extremely pleased with mine in .45, 9mm, and .22LR. Pricing is also very fair.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
My AAC Ti-Rant 9 is a wonderful suppressor. It reduces the 9mm noise to that of a .22 short or .22 long. If you love your handgun hobby, the cost of your hobby is secondary. You get what you pay for.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I have a Griffin Revo9, and I love that. It is convertable to a short, K, length. It is compatible with your SiCo piston. Highly recommended.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
The Ti-Rant 9M is the only modular 9mm silencer on the market today that can be transformed from short-to-long and back with no tools required. It's also the only modular 9mm can that uses advanced K baffles, which deliver a very pleasing low-frequency tone and minimal blowback. You can also outfit the Ti-Rant 9M with a low profile 3-lug adapter that is compatible with the H&K MP-5 3-lug barrel style. Give the Ti-Rant 9M a try, you won't be disappointed.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I own a Ti-Rant 45 and two Liberty Centurions. I played around with a DeadAir Wolf 9SD today....very impressive design.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Tirant 9S here and LOVE it!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have both an Obsidian and a TiRant 45M. Both are great cans. There’s not really any earth shattering new technology in the Obsidian over the AAC can, just two different ways to skin a cat IMO. I would stick with Rugged, Dead Air, AAC though.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
I have one of the early versions of the Ti-Rant 9 and, under the right circumstances, it would be a good choice.

My only complaint is that, when switching between my SBR host (pictured) and my P225 the POI changes enough that it takes 10-20 rounds on each subsequent shooting session to get the gun zeroed. It's tedious, expensive, and annoying enough that I rarely take the suppressor off of my SBR.

If your plan is to keep it on one host only, I'd say, "Go for it!" But if you plan to use it on multiple hosts and have to remove the spacer/spring, then you may want to look at other options.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have a Tirant 9 and love it. I'm going to pick up a 9M here soon.

I haven't noticed any big POI changes. I use the three lug adapter on my Scorpion and the normal booster on my pistols and it hits consistently.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about an Omega 9k? I have both. The Tirant 9 is a great can as well, due to it's serviceability.

Posts: 384 | Location: DFW | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can also outfit the Ti-Rant 9M with a low profile 3-lug adapter

What adapter would be good to do this, Mine stays on the MPX its a Tirant 45M with a 9mm adapter, but would like to move it to the Glock 17 or a couple of other hosts.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post