SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    30 CAL. suppressor advice sought.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 CAL. suppressor advice sought. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i agree myrottiety, Right now the Griffin GP7 and the YHM Resonator are high on the list. Both seem to be very well made. Full auto rated.

The YHM price is really hard to beat at around $450. I prefer a direct thread on though like the GP7 but it is another $100.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If you grab the GP7 from Silencer shop in the next 30 days. You get a free set of Griffin BUIS. You could re-sell those for $100-$125 and recoup some cost.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Can your dealer arrange an outdoor demo shoot?

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, So I am back and hoping to get the process started.
I am still undecided on what to buy. Would like to be at or under $600 for the can. Closer to $450 would be better.

This unit is going to be a hunting unit. Mostly used on .300wsm, 7mm, .280, etc.
Weight is a big consideration.

My preference would be to direct thread but the YHM Resonator is the one I keep coming back to for it quality, performance and cost?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817761334

Thoughts again. Thanks guys.

posted Hide Post
That is not a bad can at all.

It will be a bit heavier, but will handel your heavier caliber guns nicely. I don't know about their qd system. I have not researched it.

Hard to go wrong with stainless and Inconel
https://www.silencershop.com/yhm-resonator.html

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Silencershop has a Gemtek Tracker in stock for $470. A lot lighter than the YHM, and it is direct thread, this cuts weight, length and cost. If you won't be swapping a can between guns during the same range session, and are cost conscious, threaded is the way to go.

I have a Gemtek Trek I picked up for like $299 some years ago. Great sounding little can for my bolt .223.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest the Griffin Optimus. Handles everything from .30 to .22 with loads of mounting options. If I had to do it again, I would have not bought the Sig SRDs and just bought a few Griffins.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Old Rugged you bastard... After reading this thread I purchased a YHM Resonator. Silencer shop had a deal to good to pass up. a 7.62 can for $439. not to bad.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Congras GW, I will be excited to hear about it.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So I had my shop order me a YHM Resonator. It was $459. I could find a bit cheaper but my shop charges $100 for one bought outside which makes sense. I felt good about that price for such a quality unit.

Need to get finger print cards and pix and take to them once it arrives in about 10 days.

This will be my one and only.

You can get either a flash hider or muzzle brake mount. I went with the muzzle brake as I am planning to use on a bolt actions mostly.

I may order a flashider mount if I decide to use on my AR10 Smile

Any thoughts on the two different mounts. FH vs MB?

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

Any thoughts on the two different mounts. FH vs MB?

Some of the research from the Form 1 guys out there. A MB helps reduce wear just a touch on the first baffle over time. So I typically go that route.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So its on the calendar. Signed the paperwork and wrote the check. Mailed today by my dealer. I was able to look over the Resonator too. Looks really good Smile

Dealer said they Batfe has changed the paperwork to include addition info. Their take on it was that it "could" streamline the process and quicken approval times. One can only hope. Smile

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
check has cleared (10/24/19) the bank so I guess it is officially in the mill now. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Cool