SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Wait time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wait time Login/Join 
posted
I just sent my paperwork in, and live in the ATL area (if that's helpful in answering the question). Any idea on how long of a wait time I should expect from when the check is cashed? I get the impression that wait times have been reduced of late. Thanks.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
I applied for mine May 5th and the check was cashed on 5/29/18. I was told 200 days.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Going to be a while. Best forget you ever bought it. I've got a buddy who's check was cashed late August for a Sandman S on a Form 4 trust. He is still in FBI Background check phase. Another buddy has a November check cash date that he is still waiting on too. I myself have a late January check cashed for a Sandman K i'm waiting on.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm also waiting on a Sandman-K filed on a trust, check cashed 1/24/18.

I don't expect it till fall.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in ATL area as well. Purchased from QRF in McDonough. From linked wait time thread posted by Phelen_Kell:

Form 4 Trust
Pending 9/22/2017
Approved 3/25/2018
FFL received stamp on 4/2/2018

The guys at QRF said wait times are all over the map with no consistency that they can see.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I submitted 2 back in early May and the checks were cashed within 2 weeks. Was told by the gun store owner wait times were 6 to 9 months.

My big question has always been, what do they do for those 6+ months? Is this a situation where they are so backed up that they don't get to review the application for months, and then it takes a real short period of time to run the background check; or, does the background check et all take months to do itself?

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. Thanks. Hopefully before hunting season. Guess it's simply best to forget about it for a while.
>Applied for May 10th
>check cashed May 25th.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck416:
Guess it's simply best to forget about it for a while.

Best thing, set it and forget it!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t you mean buy it and forget it? Much harder to do but necessary!

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Oh, another pro-tip here for you.....buy more NFA items. Smile Every few months or so. That way you always got something to look forward to and it helps with the wait.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for mine. Cashed late November.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sandman S took exactly 8 months. I filed individual.

Posts: 51 | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
2 months here. But that was 2 years ago.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post