SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Odessa 9 Workout
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odessa 9 Workout Login/Join 
posted
The workout was preparing it to shoot. It's modular. That means 14 or 15 sets of threads to grease. Each segment was torqued VERY tightly. Disassembly required two wrenches and, in two cases, a rubber mallet to hit the wrenches with. In all fairness, it's not required to torque it down anymore, the manual says hand tight is okay. Bottom line, it took me 55 minutes to get it ready to shoot. Hopefully, as I become more familiar, it will become easier.

On the up side, it came with a piston and is pretty darn quiet on the Beretta. It's also slim enough I could use the standard sights.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Upside- only took 9 months.
Liberal anti seize on the threads

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ain’t liberal with nuthin’, but I did put a lot n it.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much spit back are you getting?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very little, but it’s an open slide Beretta.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Very little, but it’s an open slide Beretta.

How many shims are you running" It sounds like I may need to up my recoil spring.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 shims. No issues. 158gr sub is the quietest