SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Huntertown Arms is ceasing operations!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huntertown Arms is ceasing operations! Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
http://www.huntertownarms.com/

Due to ongoing softness in the suppressor market, Huntertown Arms is ceasing operations. Upgrades, production of all models, direct sales, and repairs are halted. If your suppressor is currently being upgraded or repaired, it will be completed and returned to you. For all who have supported our products over the past eight years, we thank you.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first of many I fear.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yup, lots of them were holding out hope for the HPA, which ain’t ever gonna happen.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
A lot of small town gun stores in my area are closing too.Between low sales,and low margins,its hard to make a gun store profitable in todays gun world

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I don't think huntertown was ever anything special or unique. Granted I hate to see the shop close down, as more the better. But, I remember them as budget direct thread cans that had average reduction. So save 200 to 300 on a can when you huy it knowing you'll own it for life. If HPA had been pushed through they'd sell a million of theirs due to cost, but with the stamp in play not much of a market when aac, surefire, silencerco, rugged, dead air, ect own it with their mounts, adapters, length, weight, and so on.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the only HTA suppressor I like and own is a B22, a really short 22LR can which works great on my Beretta 87. Kind of a novelty but I like it.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
From what I read they had some of the worst customer service of any company out there. Not surprised with today's market.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Right.. the fact that they sucked didn’t help.

quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
From what I read they had some of the worst customer service of any company out there. Not surprised with today's market.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6985 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Right.. the fact that they sucked didn’t help.

quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

Their poor customer service was well-known among my circle of friends. I never considered them for that very reason. I try not to patronize companies that hate their customers.

Any company can fold but I tend to stick to the bigger names simply due the perception that they’re more resilient to the current market pressures, and hopefully will be around if I ever needed to get my suppressor serviced.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Even Silencer Co is (rumored) expected to be filing bankruptcy in April...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Even Silencer Co is (rumored) expected to be filing bankruptcy in April...

If anyone is curious how much Suppressor buy has slowed down. Just look at the spike before 41F and what happened to buying cans after. 41F plus HPA talk killed the business.

http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
41F plus HPA talk killed the business.

Yup.

posted Hide Post
I was wondering why most dealers were liquidating their stock of HTA suppressors... makes sense now.

Posts: 469 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post