SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    permanent relocation of NFA items.. what form to file?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

permanent relocation of NFA items.. what form to file? Login/Join 
posted
With my fathers passing I now have all the NFA items permanently at my house, suppressors

I'm named on the Trust so shouldn't be any big deal with it

What form do I file for this location change 5320.20?

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
I believe that's what Form 5 (ATF 5320.5 Application for Tax Exempt Transfer and Registration of Firearm ) is for. Quick search on the internet brought up this:

quote:
NOTE: In order to file for a tax free stamp as an heir. You will need to submit a death certificate and a will or gun trust showing you are an heir to the NFA item. The executer of the estate will need to sign boxes 9 through 11. The executer will need to hold onto the NFA firearms until your ATF Form 5 is approved. If you are the heir and the executer/successor trustee of the estate or the gun trust, then you can take possession of the NFA firearm(s) while your ATF Form 5 is being approved. The average ATF From 5 turnaround time is 1 month to 3 months time.

If you don't want to transfer to yourself, but to a trust, you'll also need Form 23 (5320.23), NFA Responsible Person Questionnaire.

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E26R-40-BSE:
I believe that's what Form 5 (ATF 5320.5 Application for Tax Exempt Transfer and Registration of Firearm ) is for. Quick search on the internet brought up this:

quote:
NOTE: In order to file for a tax free stamp as an heir. You will need to submit a death certificate and a will or gun trust showing you are an heir to the NFA item. The executer of the estate will need to sign boxes 9 through 11. The executer will need to hold onto the NFA firearms until your ATF Form 5 is approved. If you are the heir and the executer/successor trustee of the estate or the gun trust, then you can take possession of the NFA firearm(s) while your ATF Form 5 is being approved. The average ATF From 5 turnaround time is 1 month to 3 months time.

If you don't want to transfer to yourself, but to a trust, you'll also need Form 23 (5320.23), NFA Responsible Person Questionnaire.

They are already in the family gun Trust which I'm a Trustee

just relocating them

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snwghst,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they leaving the state? If not and the trust is still in force, you needn't do anything. If they're leaving the state and the trust is still in force, a 5320.20.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Are they leaving the state? If not and the trust is still in force, you needn't do anything. If they're leaving the state and the trust is still in force, a 5320.20.

Thank you