SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Problem with Cycling on a P320 TacOps Carry 9mm with Sig SRD9 Silencer attached
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with Cycling on a P320 TacOps Carry 9mm with Sig SRD9 Silencer attached Login/Join 
Picture of metaephor
posted
I've got about 1000 rounds through my TacOps carry without a single FTF, FTE, stovepipe or any other nonsense.

Today, I attached a Sig SRD9 to the TacOps carry (you know the one with the threaded barrel that is supposed to HOST a silencer) and lo and behold with 50 rounds, the gun only cycled correctly once.

I would say I saw 80% FTE and about 20% stovepipes (I'm distinguishing the two conditions for sake of this discussion, using FTE as it didn't even cycle far back enough to stovepipe.

I was using Speer Lawman 9mm Luger 147 GR TMJ ammunition.

So I called Sig today and when I spoke with their customer server rep, he seemed genuinely surprised and asked if he could call me back after speaking to the Silencers group.

He did ask me to try different ammo for shits and giggles and I'll try to get to the range to try out different gr and some +P

Any suggestions?

-----
Sig Sauer P320 RX Full (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 TacOps Carry (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 Compact (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 X-Five (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 Full (.45ACP)

Sig Sauer MPX (9mm)
Daniel Defense M4A1 (5.56)

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
One word: lube

I had a similar experience after I got my very first can (omega 9k).
My dumbass didn't clean the gun beforehand so it was kinda dirty from past range trips.
With no can - it worked fine. Put the can on it... nothing but problems.

Luckily some random guy was in the next bay and gave me some oil.
I lubed the shit outa the gun and it worked great.

Since then i've cleaned it and still never have a problem.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of metaephor
posted Hide Post
I will try that, but my gun was cleaned, but am happy to clean it and lube it up.

-----
Sig Sauer P320 RX Full (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 TacOps Carry (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 Compact (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 X-Five (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 Full (.45ACP)

Sig Sauer MPX (9mm)
Daniel Defense M4A1 (5.56)

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
The problem could only be a handful of things really, I would check the following:

Piston - is it seated properly in the suppressor

Ammo - The Speer stuff is good ammo, I've personally have shot thousands of rounds of it. Could have gotten a weak batch, I would try Sig's suggests with other ammo. I would just try some 115 gr to see if it functions.

Grip - how is your grip ?? With the added weight of the suppressor, you got to have a good grip (no limp wristing it).

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sounds like something is not right with the recoil booster. Is the spring installed correctly?

SIG's site says there is a fixed spacer for non-Browning-tilt-barrel applications. Could that be installed in the suppressor instead?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
The problem could only be a handful of things really, I would check the following:
Piston - is it seated properly in the suppressor

and is the piston, spring and housing clean, I had mine malfunction due to a filthy spring/piston.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post