SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Has anyone bought from Silencer Central?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone bought from Silencer Central? Login/Join 
posted
https://www.silencercentral.com/

Just read this in hard copy today:

https://www.americanrifleman.o...r-buying-simplified/

I'm thinking about getting one for my G-19 and/or G-26 and/or G-43X and I like their "We'll do most of the paperwork for you" plan.

Has anyone used them?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Bought from them yes, good guy's.

use their service for paperwork, No.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Never heard of the suppressors they sell but I don't know everything. FFL/SOT for 30+ years. The claim that they can deliver your can to your doorstep is against ATF/NFA laws, not suggestions or preferences, but Federal law which requires that You to go to the licensed FFL/SOT's business premises to pick up your gun or can.
I would steer clear and use Silencer Shop, Allen Arms, Hahnson Brothers or many other shops you can find by Googling Silencer or Suppressor dealers.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They’ve been a great company to work with and buy from. Formerly known as Dakota Silencer. They’re in town for me and I have all my NFA transfers done through them. Very knowledgeable staff, and they cleared shipping to your front door by having you Docusign the 4473 prior to shipment...has worked without fines, jail time, or confiscation for years.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George from Alaska:
The claim that they can deliver your can to your doorstep is against ATF/NFA laws, not suggestions or preferences, but Federal law which requires that You to go to the licensed FFL/SOT's business premises to pick up your gun or can.

I don’t know the state laws where you’re at but what you’ve said in not true for many states. Once the SOT receives the stamp in Texas they are able to mail the can to you after you send in a 4473 and CLEO notification timeline has played out.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Buying a suppressor is now on the back burner, but it's good to know I have options.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting about Docusign, I bought a house using that app. About May, BATFE issued a notice that 4473's could be completed in parking lots, as long as it was within the bounds of the store address listed on the FFL.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post