SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    SRD9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SRD9 Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys I’m new to the forum and new to NFA. I have the MPX with the 8 inch barrel. I just purchased the Sig SRD9 suppressor. It come with 2 pistons so I can direct thread to my MPX. I saw on silencer shop it says it’s rated for 300 subs. Does anybody know how I could mount it to my 300?

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can direct thread the same way. However, if you’re using the piston, you’ll need to use a fixed barrel spacer, even for the 9mm MPX. Also, you’ll likely need another piston since most .30 cal guns are threaded 5/8x24.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The suppressor kit have the barrel spacer. I just don’t know where to find the piston for the 300 blackout to fit the suppressor.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Hokies!

posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone makes one. Not even SIG.
I think that means they would rather you not do it and buy one of their rifle suppressors. I tried searching for 5/8x24 SRD9 adapters and came up dry.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
I don't think anyone makes one. Not even SIG.
I think that means they would rather you not do it and buy one of their rifle suppressors. I tried searching for 5/8x24 SRD9 adapters and came up dry.

SilencerCo made a 5/8x24 piston, but it looks like the SRD pistons are proprietary.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Go to trosusa.com
He can make any adapter in the multiverse. I've had at least two oddball adapters made by him and both were perfectly aligned as to both sets of threads. If it's in stock he will ship quickly, if he has to make one it might take a little while - he may be a one man shop. I've talked to him on the phone and he is very knowledgeable, polite and then gets back to work!
Good luck.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian_vthokies:
Would this work?

https://www.silencershop.com/1...r-cnc-warrior-2.html

Doubt it. That is for a 1/2x28 thread barrel to allow the use of a 5/8x24 suppressor. Your .300 likely has a 5/8x24 thread barrel. You’d need the other way around. You also need to make sure the hole in the center is .30 cal, not .22 cal.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest a call to SIG's customer service. There's a separate extension for silencers in the phone tree, so you can get to someone who can help you with that product line.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the SRD9. Good but not a great variety of muzzle choices. The REV9 has a boat load of options and I bought three. I use them for a variety of weapons and the switch is easy. But I’m just a Wahoo, what do I know?

quote:
Originally posted by Brian_vthokies:
Hey guys I’m new to the forum and new to NFA. I have the MPX with the 8 inch barrel. I just purchased the Sig SRD9 suppressor. It come with 2 pistons so I can direct thread to my MPX. I saw on silencer shop it says it’s rated for 300 subs. Does anybody know how I could mount it to my 300?

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post