SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Bought anything since 41P?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought anything since 41P? Login/Join 
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted
I backed up the truck ahead of 41P becoming effective: added 4 additional suppressors to the 3 I already owned, and bought stamps to add 2 SBRs to the one SBR I already had.

Since then I've focused on buying accessories, but nothing that needs a stamp.

Who here has bought stamps for anything since 41P?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went nuts before 41F and swore that it'd be a while until I made anymore purchases. Well, that didn't last long. I've since purchased a SIG SRD556TiQD, a Dead Air Ghost M, and Form 1'ed a Bren 805. I'd rather not go through the whole fingerprinting and passport photo deal, but it is what it is.

Posts: 412 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went all out before hand too and swore them off after that, so far so good. Like the OP, I've bought a few small accessories and what not, but I've backed off since the election as I'm not too worried now. Most of my fun money has been going to upgrading a Land Cruiser I bought a while back anyway.

Posts: 1893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I got a few items in before but I wish I had SBR'd two more AR lowers for backups.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 2541 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately so... Like you said I was done, then a Really good deal popped up!!

Posts: 867 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i bought a Spike's Tactical Brown Recluse in October from Silencer Shop.Used my local dealers kiosk for prints and the dealer took the photos.I have a trust so kinda resent having to go thru that process again,but all in all pretty painless..Silencer Shop communicated via email the whole way.Now just waiting for the stamp to arrive.

Posts: 8 | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TT - I too went deep before 41P and have not even thought about another NFA item since.

7 Suppressors
3 SBR's

Only item I did not complete was a Form 1 on the SBR I was going to register on a Ruger 10/22 Take-Down receiver.....Was going to put a Charger Take-Down Threaded Barrel on that receiver but decided it would just be an expensive toy that I did not need.....Mark

Posts: 1993 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I stretched hardcore and bought everything I can imagine I will need for the next decade before 41P.

Waiting on the last Form 4, should be done by end of Jan 17 then I am out of the game until the rules change, or someone comes out with something next gen.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 968 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zman48:
i bought a Spike's Tactical Brown Recluse in October from Silencer Shop.Used my local dealers kiosk for prints and the dealer took the photos.I have a trust so kinda resent having to go thru that process again,but all in all pretty painless..Silencer Shop communicated via email the whole way.Now just waiting for the stamp to arrive.

I'm curious to see how smoothly post-41F applications done on the kiosk go. I'm inclined to think it will be fine and trust that Silencer Shop knows NFA stuff better than most, but there's still a little bit of unknown there.

Hope you like the Brown Recluse. It's on my want list.

Posts: 1829 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have a stack of things at my SOT I still need to send off F4's on. I reorganized my trust last week to neck things down so only a few of us need to do paperwork since its been made purposefully a major PITA. I'm sort of silently wishing 41P gets wiped away come Inauguration Day, as it was based on executive action and not legislation. A roll-back to the old way would be a blessing.

If not, I'll make the 1hr schlepp to my SOT's farm and drag along my trustees (one of them has no less than 18 items waiting on F4's there as well) and we'll have a finger-print and passport photo party before we shoot some sheen guns.

Posts: 629 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post