SIGforum
American Sniper suppressor

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/3530026324

May 01, 2017, 11:10 PM
bushpilot
American Sniper suppressor
Not sure if this should be here or in the Lair. In the movie American Sniper, the rifle he was using had a fairly long suppressor. What was the setup?

I have the Ruger Ranch rifle in .308 and want to suppress it. Already own some Silencerco stuff. Looking for one more can to complete my trilogy of cans based on calibers I shoot.

Thanks.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
May 02, 2017, 12:51 AM
guardianangel762
Lemme take a swipe at this, I may get points wrong, others will correct me.

SR-25 suppressor

Unique in the world of cans, takes a special barrel and gas block if memory serves me right. It is difficult to get the gun and even harder to get the can I have a friend who builds clones if military weapons and hehas called the setup too expensive to find.

May 02, 2017, 09:32 PM
bushpilot
At 12" in length it sure looks similar. Found a dealer in NW Arkansas, will contact him tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
June 04, 2017, 07:37 PM
nmsu
some information here:

http://www.recoilweb.com/previ...an-sniper-61255.html