SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What can for the Sig MCX SBR in .300 BLK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What can for the Sig MCX SBR in .300 BLK Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
Okay, ordered the trust, plunging into the world of NFA items.

My wife, who rarely ever, ever asks for anything (other than more hay for the goats) is in love with the MCX SBR. Only carbine she has ever asked for. Of course, it has to have a suppressor so which one? Sig or someone else? Thanks, I know nothing, nothing about NFA stuff.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the HPA passes because I want a .30 ca can that works with at least a .308 but I'm still waiting on a 9mm AR-15 SBR that I form 1 on 7/7/16 so I'm done with the 9 months plus waiting.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I think the Silencerco Omega is a great choice here. It's lightweight, short, and modular. It's what I run on my 12.5" 556 MCX for these reasons. When I add the 300blk upper, I'll just use the same can.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Silencerco Omega, or SIG SRD762TiQD, or the SRD that uses a taper lock (whenever it is released).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
could even go with the Omega9k - it's even lighter weight and shorter than the standard omega - and rated for 300blk

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the SiCo Omega, especially with the $200 rebate still in effect.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
could even go with the Omega9k - it's even lighter weight and shorter than the standard omega - and rated for 300blk

Isn't it only rated for subsonic though?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:

Isn't it only rated for subsonic though?

Rated for both, but the db ratings don't look that good though.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
really depends what's more valuable to the OP:
sound reduction or OAL

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Silencerco Omega, or SIG SRD762TiQD, or the SRD that uses a taper lock (whenever it is released).

Good recommendations. I just got my SRD762TiQD out of NFA jail. That thing is super quiet with subsonic ammo.

I have an AAC 762-SDN-6 that I also like quite a bit.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the Omega and the SRD 762 Ti QD.

The SIG is noticeably more quiet than the Omega in both 300 BLK and 556.

Mark

Posts: 349 | Location: MN | Registered: January 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgobel:

How hard is the SRD 762 Ti QD to clean?

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1215 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lithog:
quote:
Originally posted by mgobel:

How hard is the SRD 762 Ti QD to clean?

It is easy as I do not clean it : ). Neither the Omega nor the SIG are designed for user cleaning. Both have lifetime warranties. If they gain too much weight.. back to the factory they go!

Posts: 349 | Location: MN | Registered: January 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post