SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anti-Seize On SilencerCo Omega Muzzle Brake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-Seize On SilencerCo Omega Muzzle Brake Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
I wanted to put a little copper based anti-seize on my Omega muzzle brake adapter to help in removing to switch between host's.
Anybody used this before?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1299 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I bought my first can it was suggested to me to always use something. They suggested Teflon tape for less mess than anti seize.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I use anti-seize on all my SCO mounts and don’t have issues with a stuck can.

A dab will do!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Waiting on my first SiCo can, currently in jail, what part of the MB are you guys applying anti seize to? I’ll be using ASR and AAC 51t mounts, so the threads or the teeth? My experience has been with AAC cans and 51t mounts and I’ve never bothered/needed to do anything but periodically clean the mounts, can removal hasn’t been an issue.

Also I assume aluminum based anti seize is sufficient. Looking at Permatex products the Al is rated to 1,600, Cu to 1,800 and Ni is 2,400 degrees.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Antiseize to the QD attachment or threads?

Shooting 223 suppressed I have noticed
1) Gas coming from the charging handle-better with Gemtech bolt, just purchased Bootleg bolt carrier with BF sale.
2) Significant lead and COPPER build up on the QD flash hider. I shoot a lot- I need log gloves to remove a very hot suppressor. The flash hider was coated with lead and copper deposits --creating a "weld". A lot of elbow grease, Hoppes, Butch'e Bore shine and ammonia removed the layers of build up.
Would antiseize have helped? IDK

Yankee Hill Phantom --QD flash hider

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
One of the 02/07 SOTs I've worked with. They manufactured cans with Griffin tapers system. Always recommended a dab of fireclean on the shoulder of the taper.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
One of the 02/07 SOTs I've worked with. They manufactured cans with Griffin tapers system. Always recommended a dab of fireclean on the shoulder of the taper.

crisco would be cheaper

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Yeah not a believer in FC
Just a dab of anti-sieze on the threads of the ASR

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1299 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Following this. I had an ASR mount get stuck and I ended up having the flash hider come off with it. Silencerco did end up sending me a new adapter though.

Posts: 791 | Location: PA | Registered: June 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
http://www.sealtape.com/ptfe_white.html

Is the temperature range adequate?

Malaysian PTFE Thread Seal Tape TOMBO® is the coveted brand for PTFE Thread Seal Tapes. Product Specifications

Composition: Min. 99% PTFE
Tape Color: White
Thickness: .09mm
Density: 0.4g/cm3
Temp. Range: -100°C ~ +260°C
-212°F ~ +500°F

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
How many rounds does it take to get a suppressor stuck on a mount? I haven’t had it happen yet, but it doesn’t sound fun. Any words of advice on how many rounds before I should consider anti seize?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
keep a wire brush handy, after 2-300 rounds... brush off the mount and muzzle device. Never had an issue after thousands of rounds !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, if you’re going to be shooting hundreds of rounds, periodically untwist the mount slightly to break the bond and then retighten.

Regarding anti-seize, why wouldn’t you run it all the time? It’s cheap insurance.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crosco IS cheaper than anti-seize. If I'm mounting a 600 dollar can on a 1000 dollar gun and paying 200 for the tax stamp, I ca use Crisco and save.....3 dollars.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Crisco IS cheaper than anti-seize. If I'm mounting a 600 dollar can on a 1000 dollar gun and paying 200 for the tax stamp, I can use Crisco and save.....3 dollars.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nickel anti-seize will work better than any grease and doesn't corrode like the copper version can. Since using on my QD Surefire and Sigs, never had a problem. Without, they can seem to weld on. The silicon greases can work but have limits. I use the nickel on the threads of the suppressors as well and since, can go 100s of rounds and take down/cleaning is much easier.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wdsman1:
Following this. I had an ASR mount get stuck and I ended up having the flash hider come off with it. Silencerco did end up sending me a new adapter though.

Same here. I will definitely be looking for some of this nickel anti-seize stuff!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use anti-seize on everything. I've seen several shotgun chokes "carbon welded" onto expensive shotguns. When metal meets metal and gets hot, problems can occur. Throw in the residue left by ammo.....cheap insurance.

Also, my keyboard is fixed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Also, my keyboard is fixed.

Smile

I also use (probably way too much) Copper anti sieze on all my QD mounts.

Posts: 12 | Registered: April 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Nickel anti seize here. I use it on all my SICo mounts

Posts: 395 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post