SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sig SRD556Ti direct thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig SRD556Ti direct thread Login/Join 
Picture of LittleTiger
posted
Hello,

Anyone have any experience with this model? I haven't been able to find any decent info on this suppressor, lots of info on the QD version, but none on the direct thread. I'd be interested in any info, even if it was just "hey, I talked to the dealer and and they said XYZ about it." Thanks in advance.

-----
John
1*

Posts: 1137 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I own the QD model.
It's damn quiet (for a 5.56).
I did a side by side comparison with a SiCo Saker556 - the Sig was quieter.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LittleTiger
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Creslin. Quick question, how long are your barrel and fore end? I'm running an 11.5" SBR with a 11" fore end, and am unsure if the QD would fit. I'm thinking the direct thread might attach better (with less mod to my existing rifle) because the DT has the flat lug on the back end to allow it to be pinned. Thoughts?

-----
John
1*

Posts: 1137 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
The gun this can sits on has an 18" barrel.
So there's not really any problem with the fit:

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LittleTiger
posted Hide Post
Gotcha. Thanks for the pic. Good looking rifle, BTW.

-----
John
1*