SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Octane or Omega for Scorpion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Octane or Omega for Scorpion Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Received and installed a 5.3" 3-lugged barrel on the CZ. I have 6.8" HBI handguards on it. Fooling around with a tape measure, I'm guessing maybe a little over an inch of the Omega 9K hanging out to grab on and push/twist to take it off (if I wanted to).

Is that an issue or might I want to consider the longer Octane?

I have a 'flash cone' coming that should give me a better idea how far it'll protrude.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
A rubber strap wrench will help you to get any suppressor on or off. Octane is now the Octane 2.0, not sure who has them yet but the regular Octane 9 is quiet. AAC Tirant-9 is quieter than the octane and is modular - two suppressors in one. Rugged 9mm Obsidian is very quiet and also modular. The modular features will give you your K configurations like the Omega 9K but will also give you a longer and quieter suppressor for the same or different weapons.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I think it will be an issue. I have two omega 9k’s in jail or I’d test it for you. When I put a trilug can on, I grip it pretty good. you you’ve to push it down and twist. Maybe you could just use a flat hand on the end of the can?

I’ll try later tonight and see if it’s easy to do.

One thing, I don’t typically like cans under rails. I have one gun with that set up and it’s because it’s my home defense gun. (Sig rattler). I don’t expect high volume of fire and I like the extra grip.

A can under your rail will make it hot!!!! It looks cool, but you’ll have a hell of a time hanging on to it.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I just tested putting an TiRant on and off a trilug Mount with only touching the very end. It’s completely doable. Not an issue at all.

I held on to the last inch to put it over the end of the muzzle device. Then I just pushed down on the end of the can with the palm of my hand and the friction held it fine while I twisted it.

Not as easy or fast as having my whole hand on the tube, but not a big deal at all.

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Awesomesauce, thanks!!! I still may go with the Octane. Waiting to hear more from the dealer about the SPEQ program.

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
Allen, I have ran that exact setup. I converted to a K with an HBI Micro kit and a 3 lug mount from In Lead We Trust. I can't seem to make up my mind which setup I like better and keep going between the short and long handguards. The Omega 9K is mounted using the updated internal 3 lug in all three pictures. Removing the suppressor is no problem at all with it recessed.

Current setup-ish as posted in the other thread. Just a couple of minor (grip/safety) changes from this picture.

Long handguard

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
So mine SHOULD be just like your middle pic, but I have the HBI 3-lug barrel. You have a 3-lug adapter screwed on to your barrel?? That has to add a little length. I'm still pretty optimistic the Omega will work after Es's experiment though.

A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
So mine SHOULD be just like your middle pic, but I have the HBI 3-lug barrel. You have a 3-lug adapter screwed on to your barrel?? That has to add a little length. I'm still pretty optimistic the Omega will work after Es's experiment though.

I do have a little extra length from the adapter. At the time I was getting impatient waiting on the Gen 1 conversions to come back in stock. I jumped on the threaded bull barrel when I got the in stock notification for it instead of waiting longer for the integral 3 lug.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Aside from length, I would add that I like the omega 9k better as a can. The reason I added two of them is they are rated for .300blk supersonic. I plan to use mine on 9mm PCC’s but every once in a while, I’ll hook them up to a 300 blk and run a mag of supersonics through them to clean it out.

The octane has stainless baffles in it, so you can use an ultrasonic to clean it, but still not as convenient as a mag of supers. Just something to consider if you have a 300blk rifle around.

My TiRants are nice and light, but cleaning the aluminum baffles by hand gets old fast.

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I have two .300 blks, but they have ASR muzzle devices on them, to go with the Specwar762 I already have.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Same with me. You can get an ASR adaptor for the Omega 9k. Unscrew the trilug adaptor and screw on the ASR adaptor...send mag of .300 blk supers down range...pat self on back for cleaning can. Big Grin

https://silencerco.com/asr-mount.html
If I recall correctly, the 9k uses the alpha sized adaptor.

And the Specwar 762 is a huuuuge can, but I still love mine. It’s so quiet! Sad they discontinued it.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Here is my Scorpion with the Octane via (newer internal) tri-lug mount.

Mine was pre HBI K kit avalability so it’s a CZ Custom barrel cut to K length specs and a tri-lug adaptor threaded on. As esdunbar noted no problem putting the can on using the extreme end of the can. Can easily do it with my palm flat on the face. The new SilencerCo mount is easier to turn on/off than the older (external) mount. It also feels more secure when mounted.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool thread. I'm looking for a suppressor for a CZ Scorpion...hadn't considered these two here, as I was looking at a Gemtech Lunar 9.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Dead Air Odessa 9 and use a heat resistant cover from Rifles Only. This gives me the option of removing the can for transport, or slip the cover on, pull the cord tight and haul it hot.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post