SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What do you like for 10.5" ARs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you like for 10.5" ARs? Login/Join 
posted
Hey, I'm building a 10.5" AR pistol, eventual SBR for home defense.

What can would you all recommend for that? I've seen some that also fit on 308, would that be worth it or would I be losing too much? Also, is an adjustable gas block preferable?

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I prefer 11.5 to 10.5 for velocity and blast.

I have a Saker-K for my SBRs and like it a lot.

To keep an SBR short, I would recommend a shorter K or mini suppressor.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Faxon 10.5 Gov't profile that I really like. I also have an 11.5 BCM LW fluted that is OK. I don't know if 1 inch makes a difference in noise or blast but i only have A2 flash hiders on them. They are both very loud and blasty.

They are a blast (literally and figuratively) at the range and everyone makes comments about them and then asks to shoot them.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I built a total PSA 10.5”. No issues what so ever. So far. Knock on wood. Etc.....

My work gun is a Colt 11.5” LEO Carbine. Have had it since 2006. Have changed some springs and the gas rings once. The only issues I have ever had was when the gas rings were going I would have a couple rounds not get picked up from the mag. That’s it. Thing has ran like a champ!!! I have put many rounds through her.

If I had to do it again I would make a 11.5 over a 10.5. When I shoot them un-suppressed side by side it seems like the 10.5” a little more concussion.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
What others have said on 11.5 vs 10.5 seems true - there is a felt and noticed difference. I'd go with 11.5" for sure.

Our team just replaced all of their shot out Sig uppers with Sionics units - fantastic quality uppers so far, subjected to high round count and harsh environmental exposures and they are the best performing uppers we've had yet.

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I currently have two Sons of Liberty Gun Works AR’s with 10.5” barrels... and a BCM set up the same. Both run well, no issues. My favorite rifle can is the Rugged Radiant.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6985 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The guy asked what 10.5" ar we liked, not what length of barrel everyone recommends.
I build my own and I've had excellent luck with PSA.
https://palmettostatearmory.co...bus-sights-gray.html

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
For cans, I think my next purchase is a YHM Turbo-K. The size and weight, plus the flexible mount options make it a winner.

I have a couple of older cans (AAC, Gemtek), plus a pair of TBAC. If money was no object, I’d recommend an TBAC Ultra-5 for an SBR, but that can is all Ti, and only rated for 11.5”. I don’t like using heavy cans on my SBRs, and I rarely suppress them right now.

But, there are a ton of new cans that have come to the market lately, so I’m not fully up to speed on all the latest offerings. My biggest recommendation, though, is to get a can that supports a 1 3/8” x 24 thread mount, which is quickly becoming the universal standard. It gives you much more flexibility for mounts down the road.

Posts: 830 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
The guy asked what 10.5" ar we liked, not what length of barrel everyone recommends.
I build my own and I've had excellent luck with PSA.
https://palmettostatearmory.co...bus-sights-gray.html

Sorry, I meant what can on the 10.5" SBR, I just figured since it was the suppressor forum that's what we were all talking about. My mistake.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth. I run my 8" form 1 can I made on my 10.5" 5.56. It's a 30 cal can that's all titanium except for the first x2 baffles are 17-4. Comes in around 18oz.

It's held up well and is "hearing safe" out doors for a few rounds. I wouldn't want to shoot it all day with out muffs.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YHM Turbo or Turbo K. Very inexpensive and excellent performance.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
YHM Turbo K, Turbo T2-best bang for your buck

I have a Sandman K in jail that will ride on a 10" SCAR in the next couple months. If I was doing it again and couldn't get the $500 price on the Sandman K I would have gone with the Turbo K.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a YHM Turbo K Naked to go on the loud end of my 10.5”.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Daniel Defence 10.5 and a Geisselle super 10.5. Each has a Gemtech Trek permanently fixed. Tough choice between the two. Gemtech Trek was easy- police trade from Summit Gun. He just ran the same promotion a couple days ago- Trek for $290.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post