SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    First Post 41f Purchase: Using Dean's Trust and Form 3 Transfer Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Post 41f Purchase: Using Dean's Trust and Form 3 Transfer Question Login/Join 
Picture of sjames
posted
Well, it looks like I'm back in the can buying game. Found a deal that's too good to pass up.

So, for those of you who have used Dean's trust before and after 41F, have you had an issues using his 41F amendment? I'm sure it's perfect but wanted to check for your experiences.

Also, if everything works out, this will be my first purchase for something transferring in/not in stock at my dealer and it's an online purchase.

If I understand correctly, the seller cares not about my paperwork...all they care about is the sell. So, I buy online, talk to my dealer, make sure that they communicate with seller and then I go into my dealer at some point to do Form 4 paperwork, submit trust, etc and pay any transfer fee as well as the tax.

Am I missing anything? No need to do Form 4 at time of purchase, right? Or have all those details figured out at the time of purchase online?

As you might guess, I need to amend my trust and ensure all paperwork is in order. I also need to get prints/photos, etc.

Thanks for your wisdom/experience

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just took possession of my first NFA item post 41F using Dean's trust and I had no issues at all. Just follow the instructions on his website and use the latest amendment and everything should be good to go.

https://nfalawyers.com/new-41f...nfa-lawyers-clients/

I have not purchased anything that was not in stock and/or needed a transfer from a dealer so I can't help with any of those questions.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
I just took possession of my first NFA item post 41F using Dean's trust and I had no issues at all. Just follow the instructions on his website and use the latest amendment and everything should be good to go.

https://nfalawyers.com/new-41f...nfa-lawyers-clients/

I have not purchased anything that was not in stock and/or needed a transfer from a dealer so I can't help with any of those questions.

Not surprised in the least but just wanted some confirmation. Thank you.

I've got that download so I should be all set in that regard.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received my Omega 30 purchased online and Form 4 Trust application using Deans trust and amendment paperwork. Just over 200 days and no issues with the paperwork at all. The seller fills out a Form 3 to transfer it to your Class3 FFL. This should only take a few days. Once received by your FFL, he should help you fill out the Form 4, Trust or individual, or at least ensure that you filled it out correctly, add your pics, prints and $200 and then submit it to the NFA. It’s all pretty painless except for the wait.

Individual applications are still taking less time than trusts, but I think the extra time is worth it.

Sig Sauer SP2022 .40 S&W Two Tone
Sig Sauer P224 No Longer Nickel 9mm
Sig Sauer P290RS 9mm Two Tone
Sig Sauer 1911 RCS
Sig Sauer P220 SAS Special Configuration
Sig Sauer M400 223/556
Sig Sauer P230SL .380
Sig Sauer P239 SAS Gen1 9mm
Sig Sauer P6 9mm

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know a handful of people who used Dean's trust and the amendment. One of them was not accepted by ATF because of a clause that said the amendment was void once all pending transfers were completed. The examiner accepted a revised amendment without that line.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the above.

I've purchased the can, the Form 3 is in process, and I'll go do paperwork this next week.

Should go smoothly

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I know a handful of people who used Dean's trust and the amendment. One of them was not accepted by ATF because of a clause that said the amendment was void once all pending transfers were completed. The examiner accepted a revised amendment without that line.

That is correct. The ATF decided they didn’t like that single sentence after a year of approving of it.

The new amendment is on NFALawyer.com if anyone needs it.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

That is correct. The ATF decided they didn’t like that single sentence after a year of approving of it.

The new amendment is on NFALawyer.com if anyone needs it.

Thank you for the comment, Dean.

Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
How does the amended trust work with SilencerShop’s kiosk process?

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
How does the amended trust work with SilencerShop’s kiosk process?

Just like any other trust submission. Perfectly, thus far.

I’ve had a F1 come back approved using the amendment and still waiting on my F4 can. Any day now.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
With the new amendment, that means my spouse as a beneficiary and co-trusty can't posses, transport etc. the NFA items on the trust?

I'm looking to SBR an AR pistol.

Thanks!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
With the new amendment, that means my spouse as a beneficiary and co-trusty can't posses, transport etc. the NFA items on the trust?

I'm looking to SBR an AR pistol.

Thanks!

Correct. Once the stamp comes in, shred the amendment, and the trust reverts to what it was.

Beautiful, isn't it?