SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suppressing the SCAR-17 - what do I need to know?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressing the SCAR-17 - what do I need to know? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
Just for clarification, when testing the various GCS do you check all 4 configurations i.e. Suppressor on and off, gas settting suppressed and Un-suppressed? Going to the range tomorrow and want to make sure.

I checked it with the Suppressor off, Gas Reg on Normal and with the Suppressor On, Gas Reg on Suppressed - loaded single rounds to ensure it lock back on an empty magazine, because you will get it to work / load following rounds but fail to lock back eventually.

It should still work suppressed on Normal Gas setting (it'll be overgassed) and I don't care if it doesn't work without the suppressor but on Suppressed gas setting.

Also do it for the weakest ammo you typically fire, but check with all you intend to fire.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Copy that thanks!

Posts: 395 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Follow up- I settled on the 1.3mm. No function issues with this size.

Posts: 395 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post