SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Newbie Looking for Suppressor recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie Looking for Suppressor recommendations Login/Join 
posted
Looking a suppressor for My Daniel Defense MK18 SBR but also want it to go with my DD 300 bulk out pistol. Both are 10.3 inch barrels and thinking about purchasing a .308. Want something that will work with all 3 guns.

I am thinking 762 cal suppressor
Surefire socom 300 sps
Saker 762
omega 762

Thoughts or other suggestions? Thanks

Posts: 74 | Location: Seattle / Tacoma | Registered: March 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I have an Omega. I like how it is really quiet, pretty light and very short in length, especially with direct thread and flat endcaps.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Another to add to your list, Rugged suppressor line...

Posts: 909 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Deadair Sandman in S or L length.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3829 | Location: Pikeville, NC | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I would second the suggestions thus far.

Omega and Saker are both great cans, the Saker being heavier and slightly more rugged, the Omega wins in the handiness/weight department.

Rugged Surge or Razor are a couple good options. The modularity of the Surge is very nice.

I have not shot any of the DeadAirs yet, but expect they'd be in the same class as the other two.

The Surefire's have always been more of a niche can and as such I've never seriously considered them in the past.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3731 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with all of the suggestions so far. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I would shop local dealers and see what they have on hand and make my decision off price if I were in your shoes. All but one of my cans are made by SilencerCo, the other is the Dead Air Sandman L. Had the Rugged or Sandman S been available when I was making my purchases last year, I wouldn't have had a problem with them either.

I have no personal experience with Surefire, but like SigM4, I've never considered them. I'm far from an expert in the suppressor world, but they always seem to command a steep price and others suppress better from my reading. I wouldn't have them on my list.

Posts: 1921 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Not much more to add here. I have a Saker 762, Omega, and a Sandman-S. I like all 3, but would recommend the Omega or the Sandman-S. The Omega is really hard to beat with it's modularity.

Posts: 4345 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Yet another vote for the Omega here. Good all around features.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 2086 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post