SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    AR-15 SBR 7.5 in barrel suppressed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR-15 SBR 7.5 in barrel suppressed Login/Join 
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted
Hello,
I have my tax stamped AR-15 SBR in 7.5 inch barrel with an Adams Arms upper. Beautiful PDW. Now, I would really like to tame that mouth of hers as she's loud as heck.

So, what about an AAC 7.62 suppressor? Would that work at all? I know the length of the barrel is a problem with suppressing .223's as the bullet isn't stable enough when it leaves the end of the barrel that is that short, so would the larger hole of the 7.62 be okay for this use?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Silencerco is the only company I know that provides an express warranty on a suppressor attached to a bbl that short.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, okay. May have to look at those.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Sico Saker

Rugged Suppressor doesn't have length restrictions according to them...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandman S and L don't have length restrictions either. However, if you have the Adams arms piston 7.5 upper, once you install the required deadair brake for the QD it will prevent you from removing the piston rod for cleaning. Only other option would be using the direct thread Ti sandman suppressor.

Never get in the way of a jerk and his goals

Posts: 39 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Probably Silencerco Saker 7.62.

I know they warranty their 5.56 to 7.5 barrels (I have a 5.56 SAKER)

If I was doing it over again, Id just get a 7.62 one.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Griffin Armament's Paladin can be used at 7.5":

https://www.griffinarmament.co...lencer-p/gaalpha.htm

I like both my Griffin suppressors and the fact that they can be opened up for cleaning.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 7.5 Adams Arms upper on my SBR. I use a Dead Air Sandman on mine. You will have to file a very little off of the top back end of the Dead Air mount to be able to remove the piston for cleaning, but it was very easy. Took me 5 minutes. No problems at all.

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
The new Deadair Sandman K does not have bbl restriction either.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:

I have the Omega which only goes down to 10" on 5.56 but the Saker says the same in their manual. where did you see 7.5"? I have a 9.5" pending and SiCo says its a no go on less than 10"

"The Saker ASR is full-auto rated and is compatible with a range of ammunition
from .22 Hornet to .300 Winchester Magnum.
The Saker ASR is rated down to 10" barrels for .223 Remington/5.56 NATO, 16"
barrels for .308 Winchester/7.62 NATO, and 20” barrels for .300 Win Mag." MADE IN THE USA

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mew:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:

I have the Omega which only goes down to 10" on 5.56 but the Saker says the same in their manual. where did you see 7.5"? I have a 9.5" pending and SiCo says its a no go on less than 10"

"The Saker ASR is full-auto rated and is compatible with a range of ammunition
from .22 Hornet to .300 Winchester Magnum.
The Saker ASR is rated down to 10" barrels for .223 Remington/5.56 NATO, 16"
barrels for .308 Winchester/7.62 NATO, and 20” barrels for .300 Win Mag." MADE IN THE USA

You are looking at the new Saker ASR specs, the original Saker 762 and K was 7" if I remember correctly.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
thanks Dave. why in the world would they reduce capability?? seems to me if it can handle .300 win mag it should be able to easily digest 5.56 at 7.5" Has to be twice the pressure I would guess even @ 20".....

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post