SIGforum
Colt Pre-Woodsman with Maxim Suppressor

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/3000098854

July 13, 2019, 02:53 PM
Fredward
Colt Pre-Woodsman with Maxim Suppressor
The shop I work for acquired this yesterday. I got no chance for pics as we got it quite late, but will attempt to post next week. Needless to say, it was awesome cool.
July 13, 2019, 09:50 PM
DSgrouse
Is it a stamped and tranferable can?
July 14, 2019, 06:23 AM
Fredward
Yes, transferable. They were prepping it to list for resale. I'll know more Monday. All looked original except for a cheesy photocopy of an article describing the can.
July 14, 2019, 06:27 AM
DSgrouse
In ct there were a few that had never been stamped. Which kinda made them no-nos

Which is why I asked.

A while back I ran across a fairly informal Decibel video between one of the maxim 22lr, and modern 22lr cans.

They were pretty close. The biggest issue was not really being able to clean them effectively.

Super cool, what is the attachment type?
July 14, 2019, 11:06 AM
Jim Watson
Neat.
USFA once showed prototypes of a repro Colt .22 and repro Maxim Silencer outfit. Never got it into production, though.
July 15, 2019, 04:37 PM
Fredward
This is an actual pre-Woodsman, but the suppressor is factory and faux. It's pretty easy to tell on closer inspection. The actual Maxim had an offset "barrel," to maintain the clean profile. This does not, but sold this morning for about 2k. We're also searching for a Maxim suppressor for the customer.