SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What to get next for a SpecWar 762?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to get next for a SpecWar 762? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
So I have a .300blk AR and two 5.56 ARs all set up to accept a SpecWar 762. I feel wrong for not having an actual 7.62 to stick it on. I'm open for suggestions for what (if anything) to add next.

.308 bolt gun?
.308 semi (say an FAL or G3 clone?)
7.62x39??

Any recommendation?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
308 bolt, run some subs through it and really take advantage of having a can.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Blackout is 7.62...

10.5" AR-47 ! Wink

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
Blackout is 7.62...

You know what I mean, Mr. Smartypants. Big Grin

I'm coming up on a year since I sent off my first Form 1. I'm not doing any more. Gonna get one firearm. Leaning towards the .308 bolt (maybe a Savage 10T-SR). Just didn't know what else was out there that might be interesting.

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I'm not doing any more. Gonna get one firearm. Leaning towards the .308 bolt (maybe a Savage 10T-SR). Just didn't know what else was out there that might be interesting.

In all honestly what's the end goal is what one needs to ask themselves ?? You want a range toy to be quiet, trying to get some distance and be quiet ?

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the current rebates running on the Savage rifles, they are an attractive option. The 10 BA is nice.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Well, I looked at most of those, was leaning towards getting a Ruger American Predator in .308 then getting an aftermarket stock. Then a coworker introduced me to Howa's 1500 barreled actions. I actually pulled the trigger on one, then had to cancel it when the gunsmith who I was going to have thread the barrel said "Sorry, I can't do it on Howas." LOL Then I foung THREADED barreled actions by Howa (Brownell's had to be getting sick of me by then) but had no luck finding a stock to go with it that I liked.

Then I came across this Bergara B-14 HMR in .308. Everything I could possibly want, for just a touch over my anticipated budget. LOL

Next...on to optics. Big Grin