SIGforum
Where do you go to get your fingerprints?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/2860055344

October 07, 2018, 07:32 PM
Nframe
Where do you go to get your fingerprints?
Innovative Arms outside of Columbia does it all there in the shop when you buy a suppressor. Photos and fingerprints. I just did it last week.
October 08, 2018, 11:26 PM
out7112
Pittsylvania County (VA) Sheriff's Dept did mine for $5. I ordered the cards from ATF and took them with me but they did not use them. They did a digital scan and then printed out two copies for me.
One weird twist to the process: They will not take cash payment. I had to hoof it two blocks up to the P.O. for a money order. You never know what you are going to run into.
December 21, 2018, 02:40 PM
greg1147
Frederick County Sheriff, Virginia, I like living here, free.
Escapee from Massachusetts.

"the soul of a dog is pure"
December 21, 2018, 03:11 PM
DSgrouse
greentop in va. used the silencershop kiosk
March 11, 2019, 10:07 AM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
my LGS who I did the transfer thru did the finger printing and made sure my paperwork was correct. No charge.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
March 16, 2019, 08:34 AM
squad13
A lot of places locally have gone away from the black ink, can someone confirm their form 4 was approved using digital prints??
March 16, 2019, 07:23 PM
Creeping_Death
We have submitted form 4's with digitally scanned fingerprints for over 18 months without issue. No mess to clean up either!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.
March 16, 2019, 10:39 PM
comet24
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
A lot of places locally have gone away from the black ink, can someone confirm their form 4 was approved using digital prints??

A local PD did mine and printing them on the standard fingerprint card they used to ink them on.

They used the digital scanner to connect to a computer. Lady took the fingerprint card I had and loaded it into the printer and printed them right onto the card.

Looked like old school rolled prints when she handed me back the card.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac
May 24, 2019, 01:58 PM
Fredward
The shop I work for does them free. With my jail experience, I'm often the one to do it.