SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sig Mod-X9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Mod-X9 Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Just got an email on this.

https://www.sigsauer.com/modx-9.html

Looks super configurable.
I'm personally not too impressed by the cosmetics of it - but the concept isn't bad.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1167 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh. Dead Air already did something similar as the Odessa 9. I don’t think it’s a huge seller. A lot of people who have conventional 2 configuration cans usually usually leave it in one configuration 90% of the time. It seems less even likely they’ll mess around with 4 or 5 configurations.

It’s interesting, but there’s probably a good reason this never really caught on.

Posts: 2329 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the Death Star.

Posts: 3107 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Meh. Dead Air already did something similar as the Odessa 9. I don’t think it’s a huge seller. A lot of people who have conventional 2 configuration cans usually usually leave it in one configuration 90% of the time. It seems less even likely they’ll mess around with 4 or 5 configurations.

It’s interesting, but there’s probably a good reason this never really caught on.

Take a look at the Q Erector, which is more similar than the Odessa. Q is planning a 9mm version as well, which is likely to be very close to Sig's design.

I quite like the Erector I have, and the configurable setup is more than just "K or L" setup. You're able to remove fouled baffles, or damaged ones since they're using a fairly fragile material to achieve the insane light weight, and can quickly adapt the can to go from "max quiet" on a semi-auto pistol shooting supers to try and peel off as much sound as possible, to "max compact" on a bolt-action rifle shooting subs that only needs a chamber or two to truly deaden it - or anywhere in between to tune back pressure and sound performance as needed per load and application.

Granted, I keep it in a 2-baffle stack on my bolt gun with subs most often, but I leave those two baffles by themselves and stack the other 8 on it to put on a pistol when needed, and go with 4 on the rifle with a stronger load.

Posts: 5900 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post