SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Hearing Protection Act Reintroduced January 2019
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Hearing Protection Act Reintroduced January 2019 Login/Join 
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
I would love this to pass but it has no chance without a multi year congressional re-education campaign about current laws. Last time over two thirds of legislators thought 'silencers' were totally illegal.

To the ignorant politician 'silencers' are super scary and can kill everyone without making a single sound. Until a majority of them know suppressors are already legal, and what they actually do, it has no chance.

Contact your representative and offer to take them shooting.


NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.
 
Posts: 425 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
President Trump has said that suppressors are bad and he’s considering banning them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ginia-beach-shooting

HPA? No chance.
 
Posts: 1933 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
President Trump has said that suppressors are bad and he’s considering banning them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ginia-beach-shooting

HPA? No chance.


Whelp, there goes any shot of having a can in-hand in the next year...

Interested in forum legal eagles' opinions on that one, but the panic buying ought to be nice for suppressor companies.


----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
 
Posts: 5348 | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
President Trump has said that suppressors are bad and he’s considering banning them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ginia-beach-shooting

HPA? No chance.


Whelp, there goes any shot of having a can in-hand in the next year...

Interested in forum legal eagles' opinions on that one, but the panic buying ought to be nice for suppressor companies.


Considering bump stocks were destroy with ZERO compensation coupled with the fact that suppressors come with the full background check and $200 tax stamp.
I say suppressor sales will damn near come to a halt.
Not like the old bump stock. Ohhh I sold that long before the ban to some random person I no longer know how to contact certainly won’t fly.


--------------------------------------
Everybody’s got a blank page. A story they’re writing today. A wall that they’re climbing. You can carry the past on your shoulders.
Or you can start over.
Regrets, no matter what you goin’ through. Jesus, He gave it all to save you. He carried the cross on His shoulders. So you can start over.
~NF RealMusic~
 
Posts: 20748 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
President Trump has said that suppressors are bad and he’s considering banning them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ginia-beach-shooting

HPA? No chance.


Whelp, there goes any shot of having a can in-hand in the next year...

Interested in forum legal eagles' opinions on that one, but the panic buying ought to be nice for suppressor companies.


Considering bump stocks were destroy with ZERO compensation coupled with the fact that suppressors come with the full background check and $200 tax stamp.
I say suppressor sales will damn near come to a halt.
Not like the old bump stock. Ohhh I sold that long before the ban to some random person I no longer know how to contact certainly won’t fly.


However, comma, legality of the bump stocks was based on a compliance letter, yes?

ATF revoked the letter and changed their technical finding. ATF can do this without legislation.

Given it took legislation to affect full auto in '86, I imagine that would be the required change here?

Hence why I hoped for legal eagles. I know what happened to bump stocks, which is why every stabilizing brace I have has $200 attached to it, just in case I have to SBR them all.


----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
 
Posts: 5348 | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Hearing Protection Act Reintroduced January 2019

© SIGforum 2019