SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone tried Dakota Mack Bros. Varminter 3.0?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone tried Dakota Mack Bros. Varminter 3.0? Login/Join 
posted
Any impressions out there on this product? Likely would be used with 300 BLK and 5.56
Thanks
Eseaton

Posts: 2476 | Location: E. of Mississippi River | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to take so long to reply. I have heard only good things about the Mack Bros products. I have handled them at a number of shows and I am biding my time until I can purchase a Varminter 3.0 of my own. They are very well made. You can google footage of them being used.

Posts: 494 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have personally experienced the Varminter 2.0 on a 16" 5.56 Tavor, and was very impressed. Shooting at an indoor range, the bullet hitting the backstop was louder than the suppressed shot. The 3.0 is on my 'to-get' list after the 2.0 session!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're still considering Mack Brothers, the Varmiter 4.0 just came out. The 308 model has a removable 2" section to shorten 9" down to 7", and is still user cleanable. Think Tirant 45m for rifles.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post