SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    UPDATE ...345 DAYS... TWENTY DAYS SHORT OF A YEAR...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE ...345 DAYS... TWENTY DAYS SHORT OF A YEAR... Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
UPDATE

Via a Trust

Paid for: 02/27/2017
Received at my local SOT: 04/21/2017
Payment cleared by BATFE: 04/27/2017
Stamp received: 02/07/2018

...345 DAYS... TWENTY DAYS SHORT OF A YEAR...

Sod the NFA.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ten goddamned months and I still don't have a scrap of paper that says I can physically possess property I own.

It's infuriating.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. At least you're 10 months in. My Dead Air Mask is only at month 3 on a trust. The ATF needs to start expediting trusts dammit! Mad

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I just got a stamp two weeks ago for a purchase I made in June 2015. 10 months is about par for NFA anything these days.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the game.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
I remember when it only took a maximum of 4 weeks (normally got them in 3) to get the forms back in the mail. I would usually call the NFA branch to find out the delay if we were on week 5.

The good old days weren't that long ago!

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:

The good old days weren't that long ago!
My first three NFA items were back in <5 weeks, with the F4 Suppressor in like 3 I think.

A year later it was 6 months, then several years later 12 months.

Glad I got what I wanted, I'm outta the game of new NFA stuff post the law change.

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I spoke with my SOT and they told me they are seeing approved Form 4s for trusts that were submitted in late February and early March 2017 slowly trickling in.

This long delay is utterly unacceptable.
FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhcoughcoughcough.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Bump

Nice is overrated

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My last one was 355 days. Back before 41p, too. At least the time is getting shorter Razz

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recall when 6 months was "bad".

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Individuals seem to be much faster than trusts for some reason.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
I'm at 9 months and a week on my trust and still waiting. I actually had to look at the paperwork today because I couldn't remember which one I had bought. Guess I won't get my hopes up any time soon.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
The ATF does not get in a hurry. Government job.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
353 days total; 53 days from dealer to dealer, approved after 347, 6 days in the mail ... Not sure to count that last 6, but I couldn't pick it up until dealer received the stamp. Also on a Trust, although I'm the only one on it except for my beneficiaries.

Transferable open bolt M11/9mm with LAGE gen1 slow-fire upper & Sten mag conversion.

It's cool with its chunka-chunka-chunks... And leaves a nice little pile of brass right next to yer feet ... The original upper sprays them every where!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post