SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    AAC Cyclone Cleaning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AAC Cyclone Cleaning Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
A buddy just picked one up, it doesn't appear to be take-apart-able by us. He said AAC claims it doesn't need to be cleaned which doesn't sound right to me.

Anyone?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
The general consensus from what I've read is that centerfire rifle cans don't require cleaning. Truthfully I don't mess with my pistol suppressors either, only one I ever clean is the rimfire. Never had any issues.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My AAC SDN-6 is the same. One piece design, not user serviceable. It's seen a crap ton of 5.56 and .300 blackout... still going strong. The prevailing thought by suppressor dealers in my area is that dirtier = quieter.

Posts: 469 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I think the general consensus are really only 22LR cans need to be cleaned regularly. The 22LR is so dirty and fouls with carbon and lead.

From what I've read high pressure rounds like 5.56 and such are sort of auto cleaning.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
interesting, thanks guys! I truly learn something new here every day.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
My Form 1 titanium 22lr can. Until I can get a ultrasonic or tumbler. I'm probably just going to blast it clean with a few slow fire 5.56.

But It's made of %95 titanium and %5 steel. I probably wouldn't try it on a can unless the manufacturer rates it for center-fire as well.

Since I made this one i'm sure it'll handle it just fine.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same supressor. I contacted AAC about cleaning and they said it didn't need it.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived."
-General George S. Patton

Posts: 14 | Location: Colorado  | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
On that one you are worried about a non event.
That one is kinda self cleaning.
I have a couple others that get broken down and cleaned on rare occasions by soaking.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post