SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    M9A3 with Octane and 147 subsonic HP's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M9A3 with Octane and 147 subsonic HP's Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
The M9A3 is not very heavy to start with, so the balance was way forward.

Accuracy at 30 feet was satisfactory, considering that the sights were below the top of the suppressor (Bindon Aiming Concept), and the blowback was consistently symmetrical to both sides of my face, unpleasant and distracting.

No malfunctions.

Ten rounds was enough.

Two stars out of five.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Centerfire pistol suppressed is underwhelming in general. Sure some are 'better' or 'worse', but it's all "meh" to me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I like my Octane on my G21. But on my 300blk AR, it’s a whole different kind of cool.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a M9A3 yesterday. I probably won't be able to shoot it until next week, but I'll report what I find as well.

Is the gun yours? I'm curious to see the top of your slide if you have one. The finish around the extractor retaining pin hole is kinda crappy. Looks like it's chipping out.

I didn't realize it in the store (thanks to Top Gun Supply by the way).

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
esdunbar,

I had a look at my pistol. I don't think I see the finish chipping near the extractor retaining pin hole.

Edit: I was wrong,, it has the marks you asked about

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Beretta M9A3?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have an older 92F that I use for suppressed shooting. I prefer my Glock 21 when shooting suppressed.

I really want an M9A3 but in black.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post