SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Dead Air Mask
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dead Air Mask Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
My wife bought me the 22/45 for Christmas and its mate has finally arrived. The mask sounds great, super light and well made. I plan on getting some type of red dot when I can find one cheap.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 2700 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Great can! Mine is on a similar setup with a Burris FF3.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
A red dot (along with the can) really makes these guns fun.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3868 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Nice looking can. It is at the top of my will buy list. The El Camino looks good, but the Mask still has my interest

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 24305 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I wish my local shop was a Dead Air dealer. I really want the Mask badly.

As for an RDS, I've been using a cheap Primary Arms on my 22/45 host. It works perfectly, holds zero, and has a better sight picture than the Trijicon RMR on my Glock. Super-cheap too.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26494 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
That's a slick looking setup. No doubt it's good no to be equally fun as it is good looking.

Posts: 1554 | Location: Houston,Tx | Registered: May 18, 2003Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The Mask is a hard can to beat. It's a slick unit, very quiet. I really enjoy mine too.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 4233 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What adapters did the Mask come with, if any? Mine should be out of jail in a month or less. Looking to put it on a S&W 15-22 and probably a Mark IV if I can find one locally.

Posts: 57 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice setup, David.

Sigh... I have two .22 cans already, but wanted a Mask before the new rules went in. Was on standby with my local dealer as they were waiting for some Form 3's to clear, but the deadline came and passed before they got them. Of course now they have plenty, but I've sworn these things off for a while.

Posts: 1987 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
My Mask should clear within the next 30 days based on approval times. But now Dry Fly has me wanting an Oculus as well.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

As for an RDS, I've been using a cheap Primary Arms on my 22/45 host. It works perfectly, holds zero, and has a better sight picture than the Trijicon RMR on my Glock. Super-cheap too.

Reflex sight? I bought my dad one a few years ago, I don't think they sell them anymore sadly.

David W.

Posts: 2700 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:
What adapters did the Mask come with, if any?

No adapters just 1/2x28 thread, comes with a simpson bag, sticker, manual and disassembly tool.

David W.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:

Reflex sight? I bought my dad one a few years ago, I don't think they sell them anymore sadly.

It's this one. I got it a few years ago (I think it was actually free during the Christmas specials when I bought something else).

Posts: 26494 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Report This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Okay I just checked and you're right...it doesn't show up on the Primary Arms site anymore.

But they did have this one on sale:
Burris FastFire III 3moa

I have one of these and it's a good sight too for less than the competitors.

posted Hide Post
My Mask is ready for pickup at but I haven't had a change to go to Austin. I might hit it next weekend.

Posts: 40 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 06, 2016Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay I just checked and you're right...it doesn't show up on the Primary Arms site anymore.

But they did have this one on sale:
Burris FastFire III 3moa

I have one of these and it's a good sight too for less than the competitors.

$200 is a lot more than I want to spend at the moment. Trying to save for my Glock/RMR project. You are partly responsible for that new project Big Grin

David W.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
What about this one?
http://ads.midwayusa.com/produ...JH78GsonyBoCLBDw_wcB

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Or this one for $79
http://ads.midwayusa.com/produ...t-1x-4-moa-dot-matte

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Looks good! I'm hoping mine is coming within the next month.

I've been waiting on Primary Arms to release their new one this year to get a reflex sight for my daughter's S&W SW22 Victory.

I think last I read it was in testing phase.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5051 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
David - Here are my two 22/45 Lites both with Sparrows attached. My Mask is due out of jail any day now....Filed on May 20, 2016 so I hope to get that phone call in the coming weeks.....

As for optics - the MK3 has the STS-081 on it right now, and the MK4 will be topped with a Burris FF3 with the 8 MOA (going to use the pistol primarily for steel challenge so want to give the 8 MOA a try - if I do not like it I will sell it and go with a 3 MOA). Love the look of your setup. Cannot wait to get my mask.....Mark

Posts: 1997 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Report This Post