SIGforum
Silencerco Maxim 50

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/2160055034

September 19, 2017, 11:41 AM
sphill
Silencerco Maxim 50
I saw this today and find it interesting. It is even legal in CA.

https://silencerco.com/maxim50...68&mc_eid=c362f1f673

Claims "greatly reduced recoil and a 2/3 reduction of smoke emissions when compared to non-moderated muzzleloaders" I wonder what would the cleaning be like for the suppressor.

I almost want to muzzle load hunt now.
September 19, 2017, 12:15 PM
policetruck
I LOVE it!!! It's just a big F-U to the ATF and Cali and any other state that doesn't allow silencers. I would buy one if I had the cash just to help support SiCo. I love that company...

I'm still laughing.. you should go read the ATF decision letter on their website.

I don't care how practical it is, they win!

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare
September 19, 2017, 12:46 PM
myrottiety
This is full of win!! I saw it and had to read it over several time on how they got around the NFA. Fantastic!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
September 19, 2017, 01:15 PM
dusty3030
That is way cool.
September 19, 2017, 02:26 PM
Elwood51
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
It is even legal in CA.

Only because CA hasn't heard about it yet.

Sig Sauer SP2022 .40 S&W Two Tone
Sig Sauer P224 No Longer Nickel 9mm
Sig Sauer P290RS 9mm Two Tone
Sig Sauer 1911 RCS
Sig Sauer P220 SAS Special Configuration
Sig Sauer M400 223/556
Sig Sauer P230SL .380
Sig Sauer P239 SAS Gen1 9mm
Sig Sauer P6 9mm
September 19, 2017, 02:47 PM
Rustpot
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood51:
quote:
It is even legal in CA.

In a discussion elsewhere people from NJ and CA are pulling out their law degrees from Internet-University and saying this is illegal.

You think SiCo would have done a photo shoot in front of the Golden Gate and Hollywood Sign if they didn't do more than a 10 minute check into California law?

It's 50-state legal. Rejoice. Buy one. Show your congress critters the HPA has a positive effect on hunting and sportsmen by putting one of these in every photo of a hunter or target shooter with a GIANT smile on their face.
September 19, 2017, 05:33 PM
jcsabolt2
Wow! I was discussing a suppressed ML back around 2012 and a lot of folks said it could never be done. Well, they were all wrong! Ohio gun season for the win.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf
September 20, 2017, 03:35 PM
swage
So many people have been buying them that it's crashing SiCo's website. I'd like one, but I still haven't used my Thompson Pro Hunter yet and I purchased it four years ago. I've been fortunate enough to tag out early.
September 20, 2017, 03:41 PM
cmr076
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood51:
quote:
It is even legal in CA.

In a discussion elsewhere people from NJ and CA are pulling out their law degrees from Internet-University and saying this is illegal.

You think SiCo would have done a photo shoot in front of the Golden Gate and Hollywood Sign if they didn't do more than a 10 minute check into California law?

It's 50-state legal. Rejoice. Buy one. Show your congress critters the HPA has a positive effect on hunting and sportsmen by putting one of these in every photo of a hunter or target shooter with a GIANT smile on their face.

Aaaaaaaaand. It turns out it's not cali, NJ, And Mass legal after all.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/...e-company-plans/amp/

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R
September 20, 2017, 08:25 PM
Andyb
I had been considering a muzzleloader for a while and this got me.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
September 23, 2017, 09:09 AM
Andyb
Got my shipping notice last night. Excited to support this sort of thing, and to get into BP.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
September 28, 2017, 12:01 PM
Andyb
Delivered to the front door a couple days ago. Have exactly one round through it Big Grin Need to laser boresight it and get a cheek riser. The case they include is very nice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

September 28, 2017, 06:02 PM
cas
So what's the trick to loading it? A long funnel?

September 28, 2017, 06:21 PM
Andyb
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
So what's the trick to loading it? A long funnel?

Really just one extra piece that goes through the suppressor portion. Heres a link to Silencerco's video on loading it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIyi8ua4mGk

September 29, 2017, 04:39 PM
corey4
you can't use pyrodex pellets?
September 29, 2017, 04:43 PM
corey4
also, i just watched the cleaning video. they don't go into detail on the barrel and "moderator"