SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    P226 Combat TB Barrel Flip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Combat TB Barrel Flip Login/Join 
Picture of arlen
posted
So, I wanted a suppressed 9mm handgun. My home defense handgun is a Beretta 92G-SD. I could not see having a can living on my home defense handgun so I ordered a new Sig P226 Combat TB and then ordered a AAC Ti-Rant 9 suppressor.
I also purchased a new M13.5x1 L/H threaded barrel for my Beretta.

Whenever I received my can, I immediately put it on my P226. The barrel flip was very noticeable due to barrel fall during cycling. Second shot recovery was slow.
I then put the can on my Beretta 92G-SD. There was no barrel flip due to the travel of the barrel straight rearward during cycling. Second shot recovery was much quicker.

Does Sig offer any 9mm handguns that do not have barrel fall during cycling?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arlen,

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Basically....Nope! Most SIGs use the Browning Tilting-Barrel Locking System, and so do many other modern combat handguns, including those from Glock, HK, S&W, Springfield, Walther, etc.

Beretta's design is unique, so there's isn't much that will compare to your experience suppressing a 92G-SD, which is a REALLY Nice handgun by the way! Cool

That said, the barrel tilt is not as pronounced w/ the SIG 1911 and P210 if you're so inclined. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, shooting centerfire handgun is kind 'meh' for me, for this and other reasons.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
I have 4 9mm hosts supressed, G17/19, 226 and Beretta 92 and the Beretta is indeed a very smooth shooting host but my 226 is also a great shooter supressed or not. I'm surprised you noticed that much difference as I just consider it normal between the different pistols.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
At one time in my youth I worked as a roustabout in the oil field on a pulling unit. We would pull line pipe out of the wells in order to replace tools, etc, in the well. Some of the pipe joints were corroded fast because they had not been disconnected for 30 years or more. To loosen these fast joints all it took was a shock with a large hammer while being torqued. The joint would immediately become un-stuck.

This is what happens with the suppressor and barrel with a pistol whose barrel tilts or falls during cycling. That is one hell of a shock to the threaded joint during cycling. So you must constantly check the tightness of the can.

Right hand threading is just another component which would tend to cause the thread to become loose.

What's a mother to do?

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
HK p7 ??

SiCo Maxim9

I have an Osprey 9mm and the square design lets me see if its unthreading while at the range.

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post