SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Omega 9k questions from suppressor newb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omega 9k questions from suppressor newb Login/Join 
Picture of cfiore
posted
I am planning on getting a suppressor for my mpx. I was looking at the omega 9k. It would be my first suppressor so I am unclear on a couple things. In reading the manual for it, it appears I have to thread it onto my mpx barrel. I was hoping there was a way to have it quick connect to a flash hider. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to do this or do I need to look at a different suppressor? Thanks!

Posts: 473 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
What you seek is a 3 lug mount.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read that both Silencerco's 3 lug mount and Rugged's work with the Omega 9k, but cannot personally confirm. Should be no shortage of 3 lug muzzle devices available.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you. I will look into 3 lug mounts.

Posts: 473 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I have both mounts and the Rugged is by far the way to go. Much shorter and an overall better design.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I have both mounts and the Rugged is by far the way to go. Much shorter and an overall better design.

Thanks! Nice to hear from someone who has practical experience with them. I will look into the Rugged. Also, what 3 lug muzzle device are you using? And any tips on removing the flash hider?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cfiore,

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Get a full size omega if this will be your first suppressor. Full size is much quieter. You will kick yourself if you let quiet suffer for size.

Small cans are pretty loud.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: heavyd,

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Rugged's 3 lug door my Obsidian and am very pleased with it. I am glad to hear a confirmation that it works on the 9k. I have a 9k on order, so I guess I'll be buying another Rugged 3 lug mount... Just in case I need two suppressed sub guns at the same time

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I am going to go with the omega 9k, rugged 3 lug mount and hk parts 3 lug muzzle device.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
To make your decision a little harder, Griffin Armament also makes a 3 lug mount that fits the Omega 9k.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
To make your decision a little harder, Griffin Armament also makes a 3 lug mount that fits the Omega 9k.

lol, great something else to start pondering and weighing, although multiple options are always good. Was also looking at the ILWT barrels with integrated 3 lug on them.