SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    How to suppress a B&T APC45?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to suppress a B&T APC45? Login/Join 
posted
I thought it would be helpful to ask and aggregate the thoughts into one thread on the 3-lug adapter for 45ACP.

Recently purchased the APC45 and discovered my AAC Triad adapter will not fit. Doh! Then surfed the threads and forums to sparsely find others raising similar questions and concerns.

Current options available (sort of):
1) purchase B&T USA suppressor for the APC45 for $1300 + $200 tax stamp + 9 month wait (optimistic)
2) purchase the Capitol Armory Summit package (way more money) that includes APC45 + SiCo Omega45K + custom 3-lug mount + carry pack + 9+ month wait

Future options (not guaranteed)
1) Wait for AAC to make new variant of Triad to fit only the Ti-Rant45 for APC45 (not likely, AAC response to inquiry was "could look into it, but focused on just the Triad (9mm) now")

2) wait for custom machine shop / gunsmith to make AND sell adapter to work with Ti-Rant suppressor (word is one shop is testing their version now, no word on potential release)

3) wait for Silenceco to release their "exclusive" 3-lug mount for Omega45K to be purchased without summit package, but have to purchase Omega45K suppressor ($800 suppressor +$200 stamp + $140 adapter + 12+ wait for suppressor and adapter to be available)

Have I missed any other options to suppress the APC45?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rangerone,

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
That about covers it. Reach out to Joe at Dakota Tactical or Carey at Hi Caliber Mfg; both are B&T dealers and can do a better price. I ordered a dedicated can after realizing the hard way what you have documented; TiRant45 w/ Triad doesn't work.

Mine's now waiting on a stamp to come through but I can shoot at my SOT's place so not a big deal.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does is sound (or more appropriately not sound)? Does the B&T compare to other suppressors for 45cal?

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot it yet. Brought my gun to my SOT to check fit and get F4 moving and shoot it too but forgot to bring a magazine along. I was just there again last weekend but we were sorting out another B&T fitment issue...my KH9. We solved that by going Gemtech 3-lug adapter on a Liberty Centurion....should be a nice compact package that fits inside the tiny rail.

posted Hide Post
I have a B&T APC 45 and have the same problem; I own a TiRant 45 and use the tri-lug for my APC 9. Carey at HiCaliber has a prototype 45 tri-lug adapter for a TiRant 45 but not sure what the status is on the production http://www.hicalibermfg.com
If You find a way to adapt a TiRant 45 to to the B&T 45 please let me know.

Posts: 172 | Registered: August 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I red loctited a 3-lug adapter on my 3.5" AR-9 and now my TiRant lives on that gun.

posted Hide Post
So, did more research and found that Griffin Armament has a Revolution 45 suppressor that they also now have a 3-lug mount for 45 ACP.

They have a 3-lug adapter for 45 cal that looks like the same dimensions as on the ACP45 barrel, but that is only a visual reference, no measurement found.

So, they have a can and potentially a mount that would be compatible for the ACP45.

I still may hold out for the SiCo Omega45K and the not available intragal 3-lug mount, while I wait for someone to make AND sell 3-lug mount for the Ti-Tant45.

The above is still cheaper than buying the B&T can with no dB data for suppression performance or how to request support when needed.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yeah...don't assume dimensions are the same. I confirmed B&T's 45 3-lug spec is their own.

AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
Rangerone,

We are currently working on development of a Triad three lug adapter for the Ti-Rant 45/45 M that will fit on the APC 45 three-lug barrel. It's a little too early in the process to throw any kind of timeline out there, but I just wanted you to know we are indeed working on it. Our hope is that now there is a manufacturer mass producing a 45 Auto firearm with a three- lug barrel, the dimensions of that three-lug barrel will become the "standard" for all other manufacturers to use going forward.

Please reach out if you have any questions,

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
mike@advanced-armament.com

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

This is very comforting news to hear from AAC. I understand R&D development and the precision of tolerances​ needed to lock up and not induce any baffle strikes, so please keep us up to date when you can.

As you know, there are alot of happy Ti-Rant owners out there and as much as there are 9mm 3-lug barrels, we expect to see 45ACP 3-lug barrels and adapters increase in quantities this year and next.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rangerone,

AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
Yep, and happy is how we want to keep you folks Smile.

I'll let you all know how things progress.

Mike

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is really great news from AAC. I'll be one of the first in line for the 45 tri-lug adapter. Thanks for letting us know about your plans.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
This was my correspondence today with SiCo:

Gentlemen,

I have one of your Octane 45 HD Silencers and would like to attach it to a B&T APC9 Tri-lug 9mm barrel. What parts do I need to make this attachment work?

Do I need a fixed barrel spacer? Do I need a Tri-lug adapter? Are special O-Rings needed?

Please point me in the right direction to make this work.

Thanks.

Thanks for contacting SilencerCo.

All you are going to need is 3-lug octane mount. Just use the link below.
https://www.store.silencerco.c...nt?variant=222287058

Let us know if there are anymore question.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I face same issue. My solution was to buy an extra barrel and have it threaded to use the Tirant. Unfortunately I'm 4 months into waiting on B&T to ship a barrel and removal tool.

Anxiously looking forward to OEM adapter for Tirant.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike- if you are keeping a notification list for the Triad, please add me to it. Thanks.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
I face same issue. My solution was to buy an extra barrel and have it threaded to use the Tirant. Unfortunately I'm 4 months into waiting on B&T to ship a barrel and removal tool.

Might I ask what those parts cost?

posted Hide Post
Around $800. No cheaper than just buying their suppressor, but I really like the Tirant. Problem is delivery. And B&T USA is in my backyard.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Sure, but its nothing more than a mail stop and a warehouse somewhere. I ran the address and if they actually have office space, it would be surprising.

posted Hide Post
They have an office space and two warehouses in a business park. They in the process of building a larger facility and will start the manufacturer of parts here in the US for the Swiss parent company, in fact the Swiss parent company (B&T Swiss) is very much picking up the pace and establishing itself in the US. More good things will be coming from B&T :-)

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Good to hear!