SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Changing address on a trust and/or changing address while ATF has your paperwork?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing address on a trust and/or changing address while ATF has your paperwork? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Two part question as I am on the point of starting the NFA process (at this point, building an SBR or two and picking up a suppressor or two):

1) I am debating going individual or trust. I understand the benefits of a trust (and would use HeavyD's services), but right now individual approval seems to be coming back markedly quicker than trust approval. Aside from the inheritance, etc. benefits of a trust, the individual transfer is now pretty much the same amount of work, so it seems.

2) I will probably be moving within the time that the ATF would have the paperwork. How does that change of address effect the speed with which the paperwork is processed? Would individual vs. trust transfer make the change of address process easier? Also, what to do about engraving if the address is changed?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that a change of address on the trust matters. The ATF does not regulate trusts and the settlor is free to amend it as they see fit.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your form is already submitted. Change your address as you see fit. Your dealer will be getting the approved form and you will pick it up from them. They know who you are already.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post