SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Transfer Wait Times
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transfer Wait Times Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
it would be great to get an EO that demanded that wait times from application to approval not exceed 30 days

I do not understand why there is a 1 year wait for something as simple as hearing protection

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but rather when you have your foot firmly on the enemies neck

"I'm only myself when I have a guitar in my hands." - George Harrison

Posts: 45293 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because there are tens or hundreds of thousands of forms to process and only so many people to do it. The president could executive order all he wanted, but it wouldn't magically create staff that could process the backlog and I'm guessing even if it did, there would be several weeks of training. Wait times are coming down. Individual transfers are about as short as anybody can remember right now. There NFA Tracker website is starting to show a downward trend in trust submissions. It will keep getting better.

The wait sucks. The wait is bullshit. We all know it.

Posts: 2058 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Times could be reduced if they did a name search, collect all items on that person, submitted the prints and paperwork for approval at one time. Now they submit one package, the name comes up again in a week and another entire package goes though the same process again, then again. I submitted three packages two weeks apart. It should go through as one bundle, but it doesn't. Even when people put multiple items in one envelop it doesn't get processed at the same time. How many time in a month do they need to send prints out??

Posts: 332 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Didn't they decrease the time on form 3 transfers so it's faster from manufacturer/distributor to dealer?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5195 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Didn't they decrease the time on form 3 transfers so it's faster from manufacturer/distributor to dealer?

Electronic form 3 transfers were running same day to three days recently.

Posts: 2058 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post