SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Form 1 paperwork confusion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Form 1 paperwork confusion Login/Join 
Picture of swampdog
posted
So I'm a bit confused and thought I'd turn to the braintrust who have been through the process before. I efiled a form 1 last year (with a Trust), and was notified by email recently that "This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS". It then says to please log in to see the changes. When I log in, the form 1 is under the "approved" section with a finalized date, yet when I open the document it is stamped submitted.

I've waited 2 weeks and haven't seen anything else. Is it approved or in process? Will I be sent an email with a copy of the documentation with stamp when its actually done done? Sorry if this is pretty basic, but the conflicting wording is what has me wondering. Thanks in advance for the help and for sharing your experience.

Posts: 587 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give the ATF a call at 304.616.4500. Your situation isn't too uncommon in that they forgot to "stamp" the approved form. Usually within a working day or two it is corrected and you can print it off.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
^^^ What Matt said.

It sounds like someone approved it and put it back into the wrong area in the system. What they're probably going to tell you to do when you call is send an email to the following address with all relevant information:

Eforms.request@atf.gov

My last Form 1 SBR came back the the DRAFT watermark on it and I had to email them to have it removed. It wouldn't hurt to attach a copy of the form as it currently appears and include that the Form 1 shows up in your Approved list.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
Thank you gents for the quick answers. I will follow up in the manner suggested.

Posts: 587 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happened to 1 of my 3. I just called to ask if there was any more information was required, they transferred my call to the reviewer, he said it was in fact approved and to check my email in about 5 min. When I checked my email, the approved from with stamp was in the inbox.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post