SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    ~*~Extending the offer again~*~
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Extending the offer again~*~ Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted
If anyone is interested in getting into the suppressed shooting game and wants to "try it before you buy it" AND is willing to meet in the Apopka/Orlando area I will meet and host you at my private range to try the following:

• 1983 SIG P226 9mm with Advanced Armament Corp Evolution 9mm suppressor

• Walther P22 .22LR with Gemtech-II suppressor

and/or

• Ruger American Rimfire .22 bolt action with Gemtech-II suppressor

The only caveat is I suffer from bad migraines and sometimes have to cancel plans at the last minute. Other than that I will bring everything needed for you to try any or all of the above out.

If interested email me at Rotndad~AT~Gmail.com and we can see what we can do with our schedules. I currently have a rotating weekday and Sundays off.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
    -Ovid

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
  •  
    Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    recovering ammoholic
    Picture of jaybird86
    posted Hide Post
    Interesting Idea. I hope you don't mind if I offer the same in the NOVA region. I don't have a private range...

AAC SDN6 on a 300blk AR
    Silencerco Saker on a 11.5 5.56 AR
    Silencerco Osprey .45 on a G21 or G19
    Silencerco Sparrow on a .22 Pistol or Rifle
    Silencerco/SWR Octane 9mm HD on a AR9

Would prefer to go to Elite Shooting Sports.

Rot, anyone ever taken you up on the offer?

---------------------------------
    How's your cardio?
    Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Sig Forum Smart-Ass
    Picture of Rotndad
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jaybird86:
    Interesting Idea. I hope you don't mind if I offer the same in the NOVA region. I don't have a private range...

AAC SDN6 on a 300blk AR

A couple of times. The first time I posted such an offer I had already made plans to go to the range and just announced it here instead of a invitation to work schedules etc.

Another 2 or 3 times I had a member email me at we met up at their range instead.

I certainly don't mind of you offer the same. I do it because, in my experience, people are hesitant to ask. It takes the mystique out of them and I usually get asked all the "Aren't they illegal" questions at the same time. That give me the chance to set the record straight and hopefully bring in more people to our sport in general and NFA ownership in paticualr. I'll sometimes see someone at a range checking my guns out and will go over and offer to let them try them out. The kids are the most fun. They get a big thrill out of it and I'm sure their friends don't believe they shot a "silencer". Big Grin

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
    -Ovid

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

AAC SDN6 on a 300blk AR

I'll take you up jaybird Wink

We haven't gone shooting in a long time. Was the last time we hung out at your B-Day? Don's match isn't on for March, would you believe he's injured again. Gravitas/North Mountain lost their access to the orchard too by the way.

Got a couple extra SIGs since I saw you last.

I'll bring the stoogies.

For anyone who has never shot a suppressed gun take these guys up! Shooting a .22 suppressed will put a giant smile on your face! Not quite a full auto smile, but damn close

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    recovering ammoholic
    Picture of jaybird86
    posted Hide Post
    Skins,

Just shoot me a text maybe sometime in Late March or Early April at ESS?

That little AR9 is much quieter now...

How's your cardio?
    Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of policetruck
    posted Hide Post
    Jaybird, I would love the opportunity to compare my 6" form 1 can on a 10" 300 blk AR to your SDN-6. I've never actually heard another can in real life and still don't quite know how to judge mine. I'm in central Va, just west of Richmond.

www.landwarfare.net
    Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
    LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
    Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Alea iacta est
    posted Hide Post
    I'll pile in on this offer.

I've got the following cans to check out:

TBAC 30P-1
    TBAC Ulta 9
    TiRant 45
    AAC 762-SDN-6

I'm a member at a private club in Wisconsin Rapids, WI, so we would meet there. Shoot me an email if you're interested, or better yet - just come to one of the WI shoots!!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Prep, Confirm, Roll
    posted Hide Post
    I'll extend the offer in my area too. Metro Phx area at Rio Salado Sportsmans club where I am an instructor.

Have in my posession:
    Silencerco Osprey 45
    Silencerco Osprey micro
    Silencerco Specwar 556
    Silencerco Omega
    Silencerco Salvo 12
    Silencerco Specter II
    Silencerco Harvester 30 cal
    HTG Cycle 2 .40

(Clearly I have a silencerco problem)

I can get my hands on just about any silencer currently made as long as I have enough warning.

NRA Certified instructor,
    and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
    Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of creslin
    posted Hide Post
    Thread bump and slight hijack.

I can now also make this offer (although I do not have a private range)
    #lifegoals

My suppressor list:

Sig SRD556Ti-QD
    SiCo Omega 9k
    SiCo Octane 45k
    SiCo Saker 556
    SiCo Saker 556k
    SiCo Saker 556k
    YHM Stinger
    SiCo Omega
    Surefire Socom300 SPS
    SiCo Saker 762
    AAC Mini-4
    AAC 762-SD
    Gemtech Tracker

Edit: I'm on the Raleigh NC area and am a member at a local range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: creslin,

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    recovering ammoholic
    Picture of jaybird86
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

AAC SDN6 on a 300blk AR

UPDATE:

I now have access to an outdoor range where I can bring up to 3 guests. I am down there about 2x a month for other matches and such and would be willing to meet up.

Send me an email thats in my profile. Please add Sigforum to the subject.

How's your cardio?