SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Osprey 45K opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Osprey 45K opinions Login/Join 
posted
So, I’m looking to take up the suppressor habit. I think I’ve decided on the AAC 7.62SDN and the Silencerco Osprey 45K to start. But, I have some concerns with the Osprey’s aluminum construction as far as durability and service life are concerned. Any advice or input with regards to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Ditch the SDN idea to start... old, dated & heavy. As for the Osprey, not much to be concern about... SiCo stands behind their products. Only downside is the oversize design, it doesn't suppress as well as some otbers.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a “full size” Osprey 9, first suppressor I purchased. I suspect it’s had a few thousand rounds through it by now and never a problem. I have several other Silencerco cans and none of them have ever showed the slightest issue. While not familiar with the 45k and its ability to reduce dB’s, I don’t think you can go wrong with Silencerco.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also picked up an Osprey 9 as my first suppressor, and it’s been fine. The blast chamber, where the piston assembly goes, is made of stainless steel and takes the brunt of the muzzle blast. The main aluminum monocore baffle stack is subject to less stress. That said, it’s mainly a pistol suppressor, although I use it on PCCs like a semi-auto MP5 clone and 9mm Tavor. It’s not belt fed or full auto rated. If you plan on dumping a lot of rounds in a short period of time through it, a more heavy duty can like the Omega or Rugged Obsidian might be a better choice.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
While there are better 762 suppressors out there, the AAC762SDN6 is still a great suppressor. Heavy? Yes but it's a beast that can take a beating and for the prices I've seen them going for, still a valid option for someone on a budget.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now, I’d look at Dead Air. You can get a Sandman or Nomad 30 and pick up a Ghost-M for only $399.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post