SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Doing an estate and found a suppressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doing an estate and found a suppressor Login/Join 
posted
Was Doing an inventory On a large estate collection and found a Ruger 22/45 with an integral suppressor marked John’s Guns. Cannot find any information on the internet regarding this maker. Any help on quality etc would be appreciated. Elmer

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
This might help.

John’s Guns
Dept. SAR
761 FM 2134
Voss, TX 76888
PH/FAX (915) 357-4526

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks , that allowed me to track them down . The company is now called DARK HORSE.

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
Was Doing an inventory On a large estate collection and found a Ruger 22/45 with an integral suppressor marked John’s Guns. Cannot find any information on the internet regarding this maker. Any help on quality etc would be appreciated. Elmer

Wouldn’t it go to the heir? He would have to do a form 4, but it shouldn’t be that difficult.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are required to do an inventory. I needed to contact maker to get some sort of value. Am working with the executor. No children. Widow is disabled. Everything will eventually be sold at auction.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:

Wouldn’t it go to the heir? He would have to do a form 4, but it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Going to a heir would be a Form 5 and tax free, I believe.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Call ATF, give them the serial number of the suppressor and all the other info stamped or engraved, tell them your story and they will give you info and also tell you what to do with the unit sin e you don't want to be in possession of an NFA item not registered to you. I've been doing FFL/SOT stuff for over 30 years and have never heard of John's Guns.. although it's possible that is the business name of John Norrell who did some nice work in the 80's.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. We have the paperwork.
2. The registered item are in legal possession of the estate adminstator.
And yes i have been in the ffl/sot business
No body said anything about not wanting the items.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George from Alaska:
...although it's possible that is the business name of John Norrell who did some nice work in the 80's.

John's Guns was John Tibbetts, John Norrell was a different John. Both made high quality stuff.

Posts: 35 | Location: Jamestown, KY | Registered: April 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post