SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suppressor covers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressor covers Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I bought a SilencerCo suppressor cover (non-high-temp) and proceeded to partially melt it after 1) not closely reading the product description, and 2) executing a few mag dumps without letting it cool. Big Grin I’m now looking for a replacement. It’s for a SpecWar 762, so it needs to be around 7.5”. The high-temp SilencerCo cover is the logical choice but I was wondering what might be a better choice.

Suggestions?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Cole Tac covers. I have a non high temp one thats really nice for my 308. You can use coupon codes too for like 10% off.... TGC10 was the one I used (but they goofed it up, TCG10 was what actually worked) No idea if either of those work now or not, but i'm sure you can search for some.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
buy the SiCo high temp and be done ! I've got covers from just about Everyone... SiCo's is hard to beat for the money, especially during 1 of their promo sales. Wink

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the Cole Tac and the rifles only HAD cover. The Cole Tac is non-high temp and the HAD has had multiple mag dumps through it with no issues. The only thing I don't like about the HAD is the stupid cord wrap to keep it in place.

I have also heard that Cole Tac makes the SiCo covers. Not sure if that is true though.

https://www.riflesonly.com/rif...suppressor-cover-had

This message has been edited. Last edited by: l33571,

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have two HADs from Rifles Only. They say you'll heat the suppressor to failure before the heat will get through.

While the cord is a pain initially to get tight, I wrap the end around the rifle rail to keep it in place should it get loose.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I bought a high-temp from Armageddon Gear a couple of weeks ago. I didn't like how it came down around the base of the suppressor. I thought that be more of a nuisance when it came time to take the can off (it's QD and has a locking ring). Haven't had a chance to go out and try it though.

I saw the HADs on Amazon.....I'll take a closer look at them after trying out the AG one.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul is making a cover. I don't know anything about them but that may be an option.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Rifles Only “The Skinny” cover on my SiCo Omega. So far so good even with a full mag dump.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Hi Temp Silencercos are working for me.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post