SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    I'm surprised no one has called for another NFA Amnesty
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm surprised no one has called for another NFA Amnesty Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Perhaps no one here who has an already-registered machine gun would object to an amnesty that would suddenly increase the supply by several-fold. I cannot imagine, though, that many such other owners wouldn’t pale at the thought of their highly desirable guns losing their desirability—and much of their value—overnight. But if we are unlikely to see the passage of even the Hearing Protection Act, anything making machine guns more available is a fantasy, IMO.

This question has already been asked and I answered for myself ... but I'm sure there are others that would disagree ... I'm sure it would depend on how much the value was reduced but I'm sure people that have recently paid $25-$30K for an HK registered sear would be more than a little pissed ... that's my opinion but I'm sure I'm in the minority of MG owners.
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
No flame-why not? Do you have a lot of money tied up in guns and would lose a substantial amount?
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
To answer your question, I have an M16 and a registered HK sear and I would imaging they would loose some value ... especially the sear, but I'd be OK with it, I've had the benefit of playing with it for years ... I'm sure there are others out there that would have much more to "loose" if such a bill passed. But it you think about it, their value is artificially inflated in the first place ... if they were bought for investment, just like any other investment, it's a chance you take.

Also, I take mine out and shoot them ... I don't really think about their "value" (like if one blows up) ... otherwise they would never leave the safe.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post