SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Source for threaded P229 .40 barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for threaded P229 .40 barrel Login/Join 
Picture of drobinson
posted
I just bought a Rugged Obsidian 45 and want to use it on my P229 as well as the P220. Threaded barrels for .45 seem to be pretty common, but I cannot find any for .40 other than Barsto ($$$$). Has anyone had any success in suppressing the 229 in .40?

Posts: 563 | Location: SC | Registered: April 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also looking for a .40 cal barrel as well. I called Jarvis to find out they stopped a while ago due to lack of interest. Possibly Gemtech or another can company.

Please let me know if you find someone who is at a better price.

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have looked also. Best bet is to send the barrel and slide to tornatotech and have them extend and thread it.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drobinson
posted Hide Post
I’ve never heard of Tornado Tech, I will check them out. Have you used them in the past? What did you end up with for your 229?

Posts: 563 | Location: SC | Registered: April 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not used them yet. I have the following I need to send to them over the next few months though.

p225,
p85
Jericho 941
p226 40
p226 357sig

If i pick up any other guns that need adapters they will likely go to them also

https://www.tornado-technologies.com/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the same boat a few years ago. Bar-Sto was too expensive and the wait too long. I looked into Jarvis, KKM, EFK, Gemtech & Storm Lake. I thought Storm Lake was promising but they just keep leading me on. After several months of "in production", they just abandoned the project and never notified me.
If I remember correctly, one issue with Sig barrels was the outer diameter is too small for "standard" .40S&W threads-9/16x24. I had to get a Bar-Sto barrel threaded in 13.5x1MLH and had SliencerCo bore out a 13.5x1MLH (9mm) piston to allow for .40S&W. Bar-Sto even accounted for the o-ring in the piston. This was for an Osprey 40.
In hindsight of course, I should have just went with BarSto from the beginning and had everything taken care of much sooner.

Posts: 47 | Registered: December 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post