SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Silencershop dealer problem
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silencershop dealer problem Login/Join 
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
He got your approved stamp, he logs it in and you do the 4473... what paperwork?????

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Suddenly got the next two days off work so I emailed the guy today asking if we can meet up during this.
Got a reply already saying I can come by tomorrow (Thursday the 8th) at 5:30pm and pick it up.
So almost 3 weeks after he received the stamp.

(edit: spelling)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: creslin,

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After that, looks like you'll have some reviews to write. In the meantime, Congratulations.

Posts: 494 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Did you not speak to the dealer about his hours of operation before selecting them?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Did you not speak to the dealer about his hours of operation before selecting them?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the reason for the bitch seems to be more centered around the "paperwork" excuse and the delay between receiving the stamps till he is willing to transfer them than it does his hours.

Creslin seems to have had availability during this guys established hours, and yet there is always an excuse from him. I'm with creslin on this one. He's attempted to be accomodating to the dealers schedule, yet still can't get the cans.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Picked up the first can today finally.
Almost 3 weeks after he received the stamp.

I can't leave any bad reviews yet tho.. he still has 3 more of mine that are pending stamps.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Is there any deadline or timeline in the NFA regs for dealers who do this, sitting on items that are approved and not delivering them.

Perhaps a call to the ATF to inspect his books should happen.

I wouldn't pussy foot around with the guy, tell him flat out that you are pissed off that he thinks he can sit around on an approved NFA item for weeks and deliver it when he wants.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't pussy foot around with the guy, tell him flat out that you are pissed off that he thinks he can sit around on an approved NFA item for weeks and deliver it when he wants.

Maybe try a "honey" approach first> "ask" him politely if next time it could be done quicker or if there is anything that can be done to expidite.
I don't see the angry (albeit justified) approach working.
YMMV

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Just called the ATF.
My other three cans that are coming in through this guy were just approved (Saturday and yesterday).
So now we wait and see how long he holds on to these before letting me have them.....

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I would strongly encourage you to contact Silencershop. These types of business practices could impact them directly. In an already down market, any potential loss of a sale hurts.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by Cam:
Contact Silencershop and let them know about this guy pronto.

I called S-shop this morning and told them what's going on.
The guy who answered the phone said there's sadly nothing they can do.
He even told me of some asshole up in Michigan who sits on customers cans for months "until he has enough time" to do them.
Which I guess loosely translates to "until I have enough of them built up to devote a whole day to them".

So... good times.

Edit: he said the Michigan guy got his dealer status revoked.

I did call them. See here ^

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I didn't see that post. I would let them know you won't be doing anymore business with them nor will you direct others to do so. Luckily I had a local stocking SOT who had everything I wanted in stock.

I could only guess others use them because they had stock on hand. I've read enough bad reports about Silencershop that I cannot imagine why anyone would use them moving forward.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have two more cans pending with them where I chose a different local dealer.
We'll see how these other two do...

posted Hide Post
What an unfortunate situation, my dealer can't wait to get approved NFA to his customers.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Just called the ATF.
My other three cans that are coming in through this guy were just approved (Saturday and yesterday).
So now we wait and see how long he holds on to these before letting me have them.....

Check to make certain they're CLEAN. I've heard internet horror stories about dealers who think they own anything waiting to be transferred, including the right to "test" the merchandise.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on my last three cans through this guy...
They were approved by the ATF over 2 weeks ago.
I know that sometimes it takes them a while to get the stamps out the door....
But I've been watching NFAtracker - the common theme there is stamps approved when mine were are showing up at dealers within about a week.

So I'm highly suspecting that this asshole is just sitting on my stuff again.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Emailed the guy and he replied that he "just got them yesterday" and that I can come get them on Monday.

I find myself not believing the "yesterday" part.

posted Hide Post
After you get your cans.
#1 Check your property to insure they're clean.
#2. Do what you can to make sure nobody else has a similar experience with that rotten apple. Write reviews, make calls to appropriate people etc.
#3. Enjoy yourself. You've paid for the experience in time and money.

Posts: 494 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Finally got them!
I'm now done with this guy!

And I can finally leave my reviews Smile

posted Hide Post
you can only hope you never run into guys like this. There really is no way to prepare except to do business with tried and true folks. There's something to be said for having a good name.