SIGforum
POI shift on Silencerco Omega

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/1250036524

June 12, 2017, 05:33 PM
swage
POI shift on Silencerco Omega
Last June I purchased a Dead Air Sandman L. At the same time my buddy purchased an Omega because that is what our dealer had on hand. Fast forward to this past Saturday. We had a chance to finally get our rifles out and shoot them with the new suppressors we had purchased. I had a consistent .4 mil POI shift downwards at 100 yards. It did not effect windage.

My buddy's Omega had no shift in POI at all. In fact he was able to shoot his tightest group ever on his new 6.5 Creed.

We shot them next at 300 yards and his shift was .1 mils downward.

I have a sample size of one when it comes to the Omega. Is anyone else experiencing similar results in POI shift? I can pick an Omega at a great price and may consider doing so if I can get a better sample size with the same results.
June 13, 2017, 12:35 PM
guardianangel762
I get a consistent mil low and mil left. On my lightweight rifle it is more.

June 13, 2017, 12:39 PM
guardianangel762
What are the two guns? A bull barrel will flex less than a straight profile, the straight less than the government profile, and lightweight barrels flex quite a bit.

With AR rifles I have a feeling a part of the shift is upper to lower receiver fit.

June 13, 2017, 01:09 PM
sigfreund
I would imagine that POI shift or lack of it is due to both the weight of the can on the barrel and its effect on how the barrel flexes when firing. Putting my TBAC suppressor on various rifles causes POI shifts with all of them.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
June 13, 2017, 02:58 PM
swage
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
What are the two guns? A bull barrel will flex less than a straight profile, the straight less than the government profile, and lightweight barrels flex quite a bit.

With AR rifles I have a feeling a part of the shift is upper to lower receiver fit.

I'm shooting a RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor and my buddy is shooting a Savage Stealth also in 6.5 Creedmoor.
June 21, 2017, 12:59 PM
kilyung
My 16" SCAR 17s with Omega exhibits no POI shift
June 21, 2017, 01:48 PM
Killer Instincts
Roughly 0.25 MOA POI shift with an Omega on my .308 R700. Similar on 5R Tactical in .300 WM.

June 24, 2017, 01:05 AM
DevlDogs55
On my rifle with the Kreiger heavy varmint I get about .3 mil shift, but on my new Broughton comp contour I can't even tell if it's the Omega or the wind - maybe even just me. I don't think it shifts at all. Certainly no noticeable difference at 100yds.

It's always completely repeatable which makes me happy.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema